A step too far when using the back button

Loiseau

Is it just me...

I use a link to "Active Topics" to start off my visits to the forum on my iPad.

The last couple of days I have noticed that if I start reading a thread, and then click the "back" arrow on the top of the screen to go back to the AT list, I am not taken back to the current "Active Topics" page but to one of several days ago. I only get back to the current AT page by clicking my original link.

The only reason that I can think of is that I ran an update to my iOS a few days ago. However, the problem does not occur with other forums that I visit.

Anyone else having this problem?

Angela

[quote user="AnOther"]More likely a Safari issue would be my guess, have you tried a different browser ?

[/quote]

Well diagnosed AnO, I downloaded Firefox and the problem disappeared, I went back to Safari and it still did the old trick. So cheers I owe you one. Now can you tell me why on Windows 10 when I write something on this forum the "box" is in small mode and there are no facilities for adding a smiley face etc. into the box. Also when I use the quote system the quotes are in gibberish.

[quote user="NickP"] Now can you tell me why on Windows 10 when I write something on this forum the "box" is in small mode and there are no facilities for adding a smiley face etc. into the box. Also when I use the quote system the quotes are in gibberish.[/quote]

Quick check as I am using my new-to-me Win10 laptop and the reply box is normal size and I have quoted you, so we will see.

I am using Firefox, my guess is that you are not; what browser are you using ?

Sue

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="NickP"] Now can you tell me why on Windows 10 when I write something on this forum the "box" is in small mode and there are no facilities for adding a smiley face etc. into the box. Also when I use the quote system the quotes are in gibberish.[/quote]

Quick check as I am using my new-to-me Win10 laptop and the reply box is normal size and I have quoted you, so we will see.

I am using Firefox, my guess is that you are not; what browser are you using ?

Sue

[/quote]

Test for Google Chrome

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="suein56"]Loiseau wrote :

Test for quotes using Firefox

EDIT

Hmm, so that's no better then...

Right, so that's a no then. Back to the copy and paste.

Sue ?[/quote]

TEST Firefox in Android

Works fine for me then.

[/quote]

Test in Chrome in Andriod

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="AnOther"]

TEST Firefox in Android

Works fine for me then.

[/quote]

Brilliant AnO, will have a go when I feel brave enough !

Sue

[/quote]

I've just downloaded FireFox on PC (Windows 10) so far so good, comment box is back to regular size and insert smiley  drop box is available. Fingers crossed.  [:)] [6][;-)]