Back?

woolybanana

On the PC and laptop looks like another half baked co.ck up to me, clearly thorough testing isn't high on the list of priorities - nothing new there then.

Oversize and ugly too.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/HbNCeC1.jpg[/img]

BTW if James May can say C O C K on prime time BBC WTF can't we use the word here !

The larger text and the absence of lavender fields and advertising encroaching on the screen is welcomed, never thought i would say this but the type is rather large, if I drop the zoom back to 100% which people with normal vision would use then the smaller text is hard to read.

No kaka Brown colour here.

Each time this forum drops off the net I wonder if it is finally the end or another "enhanced user experience" it is however a French forum so quite right and proper that no warning or explanations should be given [:P]

Ha ha (or, as this is a French forum, I should perhaps say "Ah ah")!

I notice that three of the above four posters (as opposed to four-posters) welcoming the forum's return are practically neck-and-neck in their number of postings. Is idun up there in the 10-thousands too? Will have to browse around and check...

EDIT

Just checked you, idun, and found you sadly trailing the other three. In fact, it's mint who is way out there in front of you chaps!

I'm fine with the larger font, particularly when using the iPad - its just easier to hit the right page number with my clumsy fingers.

The daft thing about this outage (as has been said) was the absence of any warning + any note on the France mag website. Generally, people understand and accept that glitches can occur, but saying nothing upfront is unhelpful.

Anyway, not exactly the end of the world!

a combination of Adblocker and 125% zoom makes it fill the screen nicely, viewing it in Chrome, no adblock and with anything from 67% to 125% and its an abortion, any larger or smaller and it fits the page but you either need a magnifying glass or to step back 2 meters to read it [:D]

[quote user="Loiseau"]Ha ha (or, as this is a French forum, I should perhaps say "Ah ah")!

I notice that three of the above four posters (as opposed to four-posters) welcoming the forum's return are practically neck-and-neck in their number of postings. Is idun up there in the 10-thousands too? Will have to browse around and check...

EDIT

Just checked you, idun, and found you sadly trailing the other three. In fact, it's mint who is way out there in front of you chaps![/quote]

Alas, Angela, that is NOTHING to be proud of in my case[:-))] 

Just proves my abysmal lack of knowledge of living in France and that I ask possibly the most questions of anybody else!

Besides basic questions, most of my posts are to do with thanking people for their answers or indeed to say look at your PMs, I have a most important question that only you can answer!!

Nevermind, I am very well-known for being scatter-brained amongst my family and friends but, amazingly, most of them make allowances for me.............isn't that rather splendid?

Also, y'all absolutely need to get an adblocker....I like ublock origin..... and install it with your browser. Not only is the internet a much less obnoxious place without adverts, you can right-click on pretty much any recurring page elements and add them to your block list, so you can strip this forum down to nothing, getting rid of all the gaudy flashing crap down the right hand side, links to articles nobody reads and all the bumpf at the bottom that slows page loading times.

[img]https://s29.postimg.org/xobg6lihj/Sans_titre.jpg[/img]

I dont zoom in to spread it over the page because I am not an old giffer like most of you lot and my eyes still work. [:P]

Wooly, what do you have that merits special treatment? No reply to my email! ?

I still couldn't access the forum yesterday evening, though I only tried once.

Quite nice to see it's back - I really thought that was the end of it.

Edit: I wish the new bold numbering applied to the numbering on actual pages of a thread - still difficult to hit on my ipad, which is all I use now.

[quote user="dave21478"]
I dont zoom in to spread it over the page because I am not an old giffer like most of you lot and my eyes still work. [:P]
[/quote]

Only a question of time Dave!

You will become a giffer at approx 43 years of age +/- 5 nanoseconds [:)]

I will try your Ublock as the adblocker slows my machine to a crawl and many many sites, normally the news articles linked to on hear just will not open and freeze the machine, you cant backpage, cant do anything but a hard reboot.

You old giffers are never happy are you, moan that the type is too small then when the young hot shot makes it bigger you moan that its too big [:-))]

I am dissasociating myself from you and will henceforth pretend that I am younger, wont fool anybody but myself but I have already started with the vocabulary.

So long old giffers, - ............. innit, quoi!