Stopping a page from trying to load

Alan Zoff

Mental breakdown today and tried to paste a copy photo directly to the forum which didn't work, of course. However, the gearwheel thingy continues to spin so it's still trying to load it. I have exhausted my options, including switching off and rebooting, without success but my IT skills are to say the least limited.

Can anyone tell me how to clear it? In case it helps, the OS is Windows 10.

Alan, like you I am a lot older then 10 ( my grandson would know what to do) Do you have a spam blocker installed on your computer, I get the wirly gig showing on lots of sites that continue to load rubbish but can't due to the blocker, apart from that can't help as don't run Win10.

Funnily enough, Alan, I too have some spinners - but only on this forum. I suppose they are trying to load some of the banners, adverts etc that surround our golden words.

As I type, I can see three of the blighters; I don't think they are slowing anything down much more than is usual with my aging ipad 2.

I am not using Windows, and am not very techie, so cannot be of any actual help with your problem though.