"Clickable" links

nomoss

[quote user="nomoss"]Why do so many posts on this forum contain links which have to be copied and pasted into the address box of a new window/tab?

Is this due to the forum software, the browser being used, ignorance, or simple laziness?

I have no problem making links clickable, and often just can not be bothered to go though the process of copying and pasting a series of links offered in posts, which considerably increases the time needed to follow a topic.

I usually use BBCode, but I will try using the "ball and chain" symbol above, which I stopped using after it stopped working for me some time ago. Here goes:

Nothing seems to have happened[Www]

Here is what I tried to link to [url]https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=9[/url]

[/quote]

IT isn't my topic but your link to the BBC code is clickable using firefox latest version.

Before

when links were not clickable I used to highlight the text (click left

button and drag) then right click mouse, select (Open in a new tab) no dropping or

pasting?

It must be the forum software because despite my apparent enduring capacity to come up with problems few if any have ever seen before I dont have any problems posting links on this forum as evidenced here:

https://www.randomshit.com/

Probably because I have not rushed out to change my computer for whatever people reckon is the best thing since sliced bread, its a standard laptop from 10 years ago.

I do however, on this forum only have immense problems with highlighting and/or copy pasting a non linked URL yet have no problems copying an URL from the address bar of another site like the one above, I then paste it here and it becomes immediately clickable without ever using the ball and chain symbol which for me is superflous.

If others were able to do as I can then I'm sure they would, it must be easy (for me to be able) yet impossible for others.

There is no doubt that putting right this basic lack of functionality would make everyones experience better and avoid the conflict that always appears when any tech/computer/browser/operating system issue is discussed.

Editted, when I was composing this posting as soon as I pasted the URL it was highlighted in blue and clickable, once posted it is in plain black text but is still clickable, dont know if that helps anyone

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="nomoss"] ......................... I usually use BBCode, but I will try using the "ball and chain" symbol above, which I stopped using after it stopped working for me some time ago. Here goes:

Nothing seems to have happened[Www]  THE LINK SHOULD HAVE APPEARED HERE

Here is what I tried to link to [url]https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=9[/url] I CREATED THIS ONE USING BBCode

[/quote]

IT isn't my topic but your link to the BBC code is clickable using firefox latest version.

Before

button and drag) then right click mouse, select (Open in a new tab) no dropping or

pasting?[/quote]

See above: Nothing happened (No link was created in the message) when I used the "Create Link" symbol at the top of the Message window

Chancer wrote:

'Well I for one value his knowledge in that domain when he shares it'

Me too....especially when I need cheering up.

ANO...spends their time yapping on about how bad apple computers are yet at the same time trying fix people's problems with their windows dog shîte computers.

How many apple computer questions get asked in forums ? Ummmmm.....none. Why ? Because they work.

How many windows problems ? Help !!! My carp computer running windows XP, Vista, 7,10 and it won't do this that or the other. It is trying to upgrade. I get this error message.

Reason for these problems is universal, because Microsoft is a third world operating system. Buy it at you peril.

Methinks ANO works for Microsoft. LOL.

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="Théière"][quote user="nomoss"] ......................... I usually use BBCode, but I will try using the "ball and chain" symbol above, which I stopped using after it stopped working for me some time ago. Here goes:

Nothing seems to have happened[Www]  THE LINK SHOULD HAVE APPEARED HERE

Here is what I tried to link to [url]https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=9[/url] I CREATED THIS ONE USING BBCode

[/quote]

Before

pasting?[/quote]

See above: Nothing happened (No link was created in the message) when I used the "Create Link" symbol at the top of the Message window

[/quote]

Sorry Nomoss, you mean creating the link your end.... OK got it now.  Some links including some of mine were not clickable a while back, misunderstood.