We value your privacy - a bit too much

EuroTrash

Yes, seems to have finally gone.  Came up once when I loaded up the page, this morning, but did the usual turn it all off, and save and exit, and voila!  Phew, it was really getting annoying and made the forum totally unreadable.  Thanks for sorting it ...

Yay ! A once only appearance of the dreaded pop-up today ..

now if you could just do something about the cold-calls I have had this am .. that would be great !

Not that I answer them but it does mean that I have to get up and see who or what is calling ..

Judith wrote : Just turned on again, et voila, we value you privacy - again. So perhaps not quite sorted yet.

All fine here .. but if you have set your settings to clear your cookies when you leave or if you log out every day and then log in again next day you will be met with the pop-up welcome.

And beware, if you have previously clicked to avoid sharing your information with the list of "trusted" partners, it seems that that decision is overwritten when the message comes back up.

I am no expert, but I strongly suspect that Archant are in breach of the law with that particular SNAFU.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote user="Department71"]Does anyone click on "continue" on the agreeing to use our cookies at the bottom of the screen. I don't and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to how I use it. Or do they still stick cookies in.

[/quote]

I do, and don't see the message again, until after I have cleared cookies for some unrelated reason.

Maybe those who have the problem have something set up to delete cookies after each session?

• 1 month later...

Another load of malware has crept onto this site, every time I open a thread or go forward or backward a page a pop up comes on the screen asking me to download VDNArequestservjet.js from VDNA.exelator.com once again rendering the site too annoying to use [:(]

Only on this site and no other web pages on this browser and I only ever use this browser for this site due again to the idiosyncracies of this site.