A remeinder of how to creat a clickable link.

Jonzjob

The snag appears when trying to do that using a tablet as the row of options available to click when using a PC or laptop are just not there !

Ditto when quoting from a previous post ... when a stream of gobbledygook appears and renders the proposed post unreadable.

Not that I am complaining you understand, just explaining ☺.

Sue

I use Chrome as my main browser on my PC running Win 7; I do not get the tool bar.

I've just checked with my other installed browsers:

I don't get the toolbar using Opera 29 (which is now based on Chrome).

I don't get the tool bar using Internet Explorer 11.

I do get the tool bar if I use Firefox 38.

I suspect the problem of missing clickable links and garbled quoted messages will continue for all non-Firefox users until the forum software is upgraded to a later version which works with all current web browsers.

"I suspect the problem of missing clickable links and garbled quoted

messages will continue for all non-Firefox users until the forum

software is upgraded to a later version which works with all current web

browsers."

Or everyone sees the light and uses Firefox [6] and gets a Mac [:-))]

[quote user="pomme"]I use Chrome as my main browser on my PC running Win 7; I do not get the tool bar.
I've just checked with my other installed browsers:
I don't get the toolbar using Opera 29 (which is now based on Chrome).
I don't get the tool bar using Internet Explorer 11.
I do get the tool bar if I use Firefox 38.

I suspect the problem of missing clickable links and garbled quoted messages will continue for all non-Firefox users until the forum software is upgraded to a later version which works with all current web browsers.

[/quote]I am using IE11 and I get the toolbar. Quoted remarks seem to work as well

• 3 years later...

I tend to embed a 'url' in a word within my text as some addresses can be inordinately long. An example being the Google link to 'scieiers' in the post on wooden floors.
To achieve this I will highlight the word I wish to use or insert a specific word, eg. 'Here'. Once it has been highlighted I select - Color then Blue.
Highlight the specific word again and then paste the address into the 'make link live' icon in the toolbar then press OK. Slightly longer procedure but does eliminate gobldygook from within a post.

To StephBaker 'Boston'. Welcome, and to add, they were one of the greatest rock bands of my generation. 

[quote user="nomoss"]

Thank you for that, Cajal. Never too old to learn![:D]
[/quote]

You're welcome.

Now, I don't know whether you post on other forums or not. If you do and would like to present links, as your example above, on a forum which does not host a url link icon as Living France does then the following should enable you to do so.

Taking your Weather as an example.

Firstly copy the address of the site/page/item you wish to link to and paste it in the reply box you are active in.

Hence: http://www.meteofrance.com/

Then add an open [?url] to the start of the address and a close [/url] at the end of the address. I added the ? mark within the open url to enable the urls to be visible when you read this.( Do Not Include a ? when you want to make an address live.)

[url]http://www.meteofrance.com[/url] is now live.

However if you want to present this link as Weather this is the procedure to adopt.

Start by doing everthing above and then edit the link as follows:

1st - Delete the righthand bracket of the 'open' url and replace with an = sign, eg [?url=.
        (Do Not Include a ?. It is only there to enable you to see the url command.

2nd - Insert a close bracket, ] directly before the lefthand bracket of the 'close' url,eg ][/url].

3rd - Either copy the word Weather and paste it between the two opposing brackets][ or place your cursor between the two opposing brackets ][ and type Weather.    

et voilà

[url=http://www.meteofrance.com]Weather[/url]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]
If you like that Cajal then try this and

ENJOY!!!!! [/quote]

Good call John.

It was the best selling debut album of any band at that time in the US.
Tom Scholtz tricked Epic records into thinking it was being recorded in studios in LA.  It  was however recorded with Scholtz playing most of the instruments and overdubed with the voice of Brad Delp, on completion, in the basement of his house in Massachusetts.
I saw them perform live in '79, in the UK, at Finsbury Park Astoria and the band I was with were double billed with them in Phoenix in '82.
Great times.