What soaps do you live in

Iceni

Well we are in a mix of Howards Way, Eldorado and Heartbeat.  Actually we are in more but I can't remember their names (as we no longer have TV).

No, not really, but these are the faces we see on our trips out - actors that is, so it feels weird and memory/reality get a bit confused.

Nice to realise that others like our bit of France

Di. Bit confused here, do you mean that there are loads of actors who used to be in these soaps living round your way or are you comparing the locals to these characters?

Here,we live in Emmerdale (intensive farming and tons of tractors and dung and some naughty goings on with married couples!!) Howards Way (expensive boats moored up in the port and all along the coast here and very large houses to match) Last of the Summer Wine (weird locals in weirder clothing and clogs).

At the moment near us is like living in one of the  house makeover programes,everyone seems to be banging,drilling ,striming and then theres me with the paintbrush.

I` d say though that we are in Emmerdale(without the pub...the resto closed at the end of August) where everyone has an open top company car called a tractor! and the old ladies sit in the post office hoping to catch up on the gossip! and the youths(as our 11 year old calls them ) do their courting at the bus stop.

[quote]Di. Bit confused here, do you mean that there are loads of actors who used to be in these soaps living round your way or are you comparing the locals to these characters? Here,we live in Emmerdale (i...[/quote]

Yup, I mean actors who used to be/ are in the soaps.  John often chats to the Howards Way/Eldorado contingent.

If you asked me what soap our life was like, well Last of the Summer Wine perhaps, mind I don't have any stockings or tights to be wrinkled but Norah Batty, yup I might make it yet. John makes a great if young Compo .

We are good friends with a retired couple who have lived a few miles from us,for many years. A longstanding work colleague of our friend bought the appartment on the Eldorado set that the two gay blokes lived in. They stuck if for a year and then sold it because it was too hot in the summer for elderly people and the rest of the owners of the other flats on the set were real snobs and wanted just a british club,they even had to conform with decor and what type of garden chairs they had outside. They made a good profit and returned to the UK to live.