Snow

Teamedup

Snow if forecast for much of France this week. The med coast and the SW, of which parts of are also known on the board as the SE look like they may avoid it, and perhaps some western areas too.

However, on Meteo France, those pretty little animated snow flakes cover most of the country for several days to come. So I had better get our shovels out and salt ready.

Just checked out our local weather and we snow forecast too.  Typical when:

1. I've got to drive to the airport at the crack of sparrow's fart tomorrow morning
  2. The bloody washing machine is broken so there's nothing to wash soggy dog towels in
  3. Log pile is getting very, very low and the supplier is not returning calls
  4. I'm going to be home alone as aforementioned drive to airport is to take Mr MDW so he can spend next 10 day cosy in hotel in central London!

Grrrr!

MDW your lucky other half may also get snow.....just watched countryfile weatherforcast for the UK ,London could close this week.  on the other hand looked at weather for our area of France , I am hoping they put a typing error in there as IT says -4 for Thurs morning, I do  not operate under about 12 degrees,and feel my fingers and toes protesting at the thought!

Maddogwoman, I have only one thing on my "typical" list:

1. I have to walk the kids to school for the first time (hubby got a job) and it's a 20 min walk with baby in buggy, 2 year old on buggy board and 4 year old being gently persuaded not to run out on the road.... then collect 2 year old at lunchtime (with baby in buggy), then collect 4 year old at 4.30 (with baby, and 2 y.o. on b.b).... sigh.... must start looking for a second car.....

[quote]Maddogwoman, I have only one thing on my "typical" list: 1. I have to walk the kids to school for the first time (hubby got a job) and it's a 20 min walk with baby in buggy, 2 year old on buggy board...[/quote]

Cripes!  Rather you than me but then I opted for dogs rather than children for that very reason!!!    A second car has GOT to be on your wish list ASAP!

Feeling marginally better now as I have just chopped and Mr MDW has just stacked enough logs to last the next 2 weeks (for cooking anyway) - bless him!!!

I have yet to break it to him that he might too be suffering the same fate all alone in a hotel room 5 minutes walk from his office in London so none of this "the trains weren't running" malarky all his other colleagues will have!  Tee hee!

Nicola

Yes, thankfully she does or otherwise I'd be making 4 trips a day... We decided to send her to cantine to avoid having to abandon her twice a day when she first started in Sept last (chez les moyens). She doesn't mind going, and it's good that afterwards she gets to play with her classmates a bit outside class. She also gets to mix with les grands, which is good cause sometimes she meets kids in town and she knows them even if they're not in her class. (I do feel a bit guilty though at lunchtime as we go to collect dd2 anyway and often see dd1 walking hand in hand with her classmate across the road to the cantine.:blush

Around here now, it is only in exceptional circumstances ie the odd day, that a child can stay at the cantine if there is a parent at home. There is such demand from families where no one is at home , both parents out at work, that they have done this. It has been in place around here for quite some time. So I was a bit surprised that they let her stay.

Four trips a day, Lol I always used to say 8 trips a day when I had to do them.

[quote]Snow if forecast for much of France this week. The med coast and the SW, of which parts of are also known on the board as the SE look like they may avoid it, and perhaps some western areas too. Howev...[/quote]

Think BOSTON . . . you'll feel better!

Why think Boston....... they often have bad winters over there, so nothing new then.

And the snow started here at 8am. Not snowing heavily, but steadily and everything is now white. I wish it wasn't........ prefer it to rain in the valley and snow in the mountains.

Nothing forecast for here in West Brittany but its very very cold from that north wind which could possibly bring snow further to the east of here. I've got all the washing out drying in the sunshine today for a change from all that damp grey stuff we've had for weeks.

[quote]Yahoo predicts a 30% chance of snow here in Montpelliershire this arvo. So I've been out and done loads of shopping, could probably withstand a long siege, because if it snoze, I ain't puttin one foo...[/quote]

So if we find there's a shortage of karsy rolls in France, we will know who to blame then

[quote]Why think Boston....... they often have bad winters over there, so nothing new then. And the snow started here at 8am. Not snowing heavily, but steadily and everything is now white. I wish it wasn't...[/quote]

Not like this one!

We have 40F, clear blue sky and lovely sunshine near Le Mont St Michel!

Here in Toulouse I'm looking out the office window over the airport and its currently blizzard conditions

- not looking forward to the jouney home as snow clearing is done so infrequently I'm not even sure they remember where the salt and lorries are stored - I seem to remember on  more or less the same date some years back there was a similar very heavy fall over the south west.

regs

Richard

Hey Miki arn`t you of southern english stock.....what the flippin heck do you lot know about snow drifts? I am from sterner stuff than that and know what being snowed in looks like. Ps still got a sea view from the terrace and not a snow cloud in sight ,still need the sunglasses for the sun though, off to put the washer on whilst it is economy rate!

Yep, from West London, plenty of 3" snow drifts off the Great Chertsey road some winters!!

The thing is about the sun, we started here in France in Provence, then moved to the Doo-don then down to Brittany.  Sun ! not always what people want, strange how it affects people in their thinking, we could move anywhere more or less but this is where we want to be for now.

Sun, well its OK but a bit naff to think that is what it's all about. Puerto Banus is where you want to be for real sun, sea and classless snobbery   

Hold up ! Sun is out here as well  now, so where's them there posy Raybans

[quote]Yup Miki, they're like that down there, slightest risk of anything and off they go emptying the shelves ......... do you remember the rush to stock up when the first Gulf War started[/quote]

Sure do Lidl had just opened and no water whatsoever to be found, had to use our local Shopi, who let all of us who had used them regularly, have a pack of 6 1½ litres each !

It's when the greves are imminent, that things start rapidly disappearing off the shelves. Tip for newcomers, when the queues start forming at the petrol stations, get stocking up !!

Hi,

We've had some weird weather here in the N Dordogne. Last night wicked gales (don't forget we are living in a caravan in the middle of a danged field at the moment!), this morning snow flurries, swiftly followed by radiant sunshine, followed by wind and hail, followed by thick as socks snowflakes, and now, as I write this, the fields are bathed in glorious sunshine again.

[quote]Hi, We've had some weird weather here in the N Dordogne. Last night wicked gales (don't forget we are living in a caravan in the middle of a danged field at the moment!), this morning snow flurrie...[/quote]

Almost gave me feelings of homesickness for a while then Penny 

About 7 years ago, one early June we were eating in a resto outside with friends in Brantôme and all of a sudden it went deathly quiet, the ducks waddled or swam under the bridge (by the parking) and within seconds the hugest storm got up, first the wind, which took tables, chairs and peoples plates and utensils straight in to the River but not the one with my Aile de Raie, very firmly gripped, I understand bird talk and was forewarned   

Oh yes, it can be quite unpredictable in the Doo Don !

As our neighbour used to say, fur coat and bikini weather within seconds....

Absolutely, I love it... when my dog says "look, the chickens are all hiding in their houses" I say "home"...