Any gay / lesbian couples moved to France?

Shawny

outcast,

Do read Peter's first post very well made point about Gays and wonder why you hadn't noticed what was happening around you, as you always say "i'm here in france"  well open the old mincers. See what TU has quoted about the facts as well.

I have been a regular visitor to the south of France since the late 60’s and it was a place for gays even then. This is not something that is new to France or the world outcast, it is as old as time itself. If I said I worked in Spain in the beautiful town of Sitges, in the 60’s and 70’s and the difference between there and certain towns in the the south of France, was not a lot, then Shawny and others will understand fully just how much the south is loved by everyone, yes gays as well and why not ?

This is a bloody awful old cliché but,  some of our oldest and dearest friends are gays and we have always felt that they are amongst our most trusted and loved friends, sorry that looks worse than it sounds but there you go……

My point about the Bretons was made with facts in mind about certain minority factions here, but you have to remember that many of us integrate very well and fit in OK. The Bretons will eventually settle to this and other differences, will you be able to deal with your problems ?

[quote]Oh Miki, what a patient and generous response, I have to say, you seem to be a kind man, (you being a a Chelsea fan, in the position they are in, that is high praise from me, and severely edited to b...[/quote]

Tresco,

I am deliriously happy but it is bloody hard walking around with just about everything crossed. I simply should trust in the team, the chairman and the one and only Jose Mourinho (sorry Claudio but you know how it is old maestro!) but having things crossed gives us the edge, I hope !!

Mrphh,since you stated thousands and thousands of gays enjoy holidays down in the south of france I would of liked to know where you get the statistics form, also how many gay hotels are in marsailles in and around the algerian expats estates,as that southern france also.As for being drunk,no unless 3/4 glasses of normal strengh red with mi tea.Miki on the other hand well! read is post earlier, what I said about the youths is what happend at some hotels I stayed in along the channal coast and there was many postings last year on the subject of anti-brit feeling in the northwest part of france,even made some of the brit newspaper,just to add that I lived in san fransisco bay area(there must be a song there somewhere)for best part of a year one or two gays there.

Tesco what are you saying?100% of my vast amount of lovers are female and will always will be,that said Mrs outcast as been the lover of choice far the last 20+yrs and hopefully for the next 20+,sure positive of my sexuality I can discuss my opinion on gays.Does that help.

It would appear that having a gay topic on the forum does at least allow people to indulge in a 'handbag session' , and very capable exponents of the noble art some would appear to be regardless of their apparent sexuality.

However is there any chance that this topic might be returned to the original question, there have been a number of thoughtful replies to help Shawn and his partner but things tended to deteriorate part way down page two.

It is however heartening to see that the views expressed have not been homophobic in content, even the naive and sterotype based replies would appear to have been well intentioned, thank you.

I have to admit that I am bemused by this whole thing, but then I claim that there is no such thing as womens lib, it is peoples lib we need .

We are all adults and those that cannot cope in an adult world with same sex relationships should be ignored. I do not like special hotels/B&B's/Gites/hosptials/etc etc for 'certain sorts of people'. This just helps bigotry to thrive. I either like or dislike people, their sexuality does not come into it.

If the homosexual people I know (inside and outside my family) are anything to go by, they are a good cross section of the community. Everyone is different, enjoy.

I am not gay. However, the couple upstairs from us are (female) and we live in very cheap housing, where if there was bigotry and scandal, it would show up pretty damn quick. They are just about our best friends here and I have never heard anything nasty said against them apart from they have too many cats! I grant you this is not really connected...

I think your bigger problem will be learning the lingo, if you don't already speak it. I have enquired over the years of several people, purely out of interest, what their attitude was to people who happen to be different from run of the mill French. By this I mean foreigners, people who hold disco parties until 6am, those of a different colour, non Catholics, gay couples, ballet dancers, you name it. The general opinion was thay if you don't rattle their cage, they don't rattle yours! This was all the way from a lady in her mid 80's to eldest daughter, aged 20

I asked eldest daughter, who has her finger on the pulse of the 'youth of France', so to speak, and she laughed. Loudly. Said everyone she knows couldn't give a stuff if you're gay or not. She also sends her very best wishes for a successful venture, as do I.

We live in Normandy. If I can helkp in any way, please e mail me.

Agreed, the majority of people are non judgemental with regard to sexuality, and particularly where money is changing hands for accomodation.... yet, if you have ever had a holiday ruined, as I have, by a 'host' who was not gay frendly, then you learn pretty quickly not to waste 1000K again, by ringing, and checking

[quote]Tesco, I am deliriously happy but it is bloody hard walking around with just about everything crossed. I simply should trust in the team, the chairman and the one and only Jose Mourinho (sorry Claudi...[/quote]

Thought for the day if you cannot tell the difference between Tresco and Tesco I would not go shopping in the Channel Islands.

Re Tesco,  I think Mikis finger might have slipped there, whereas outcast possibly has a problem with his letter 'r' on the keyboard. Either way, it's tolerable. 

Re my earlier post, and the 1000k, I have to own up here, It was one of those 'i'm spartacus' moments, where you honourably stand up for your friends who are being treated like rubbish. We all stormed out, had to stay, and pay, elsewhere, for meals too, and missed our planes (although there may have been other factors at play in that part of the debacle). I ended up paying for kid sisters part of it all, and never got paid back. This was 1989, but it hurt, in more ways than one.

tresco

[quote]Re Tesco, I think Mikis finger might have slipped there, whereas outcast possibly has a problem with his letter 'r' on the keyboard. Either way, it's tolerable. Re my earlier post, and the 1000k, I...[/quote]

Ah but look again, by the power of the same finger, the r has magically appeared again. It wasn't missed, it was merely late for the posting.

Anton, you really must be more patient, r's are often known to be late for postings ! Utter bull*****but got to think of something haven't I

Well I confess then, it isn't anything to do with jam, eally, the keyboard is a cheapie and            p obably fo eign and sometimes the r doesn't wo k too well, satisfied now you have all        emba  assed me