Nigel's back

Will

Just seen the trailer - Channel 4, next Tuesday (Feb 15) 8.30. Nigel's place in France. "Nigel's restaurant has served its last meal. Undeterred, he's opening a B&B".

Not to be missed I think (though anybody who is cynical about these programmes should read the article on Chaos at the Castle in the March Living France which will do nothing to change your mind.) Still, as Nigel is the producer of the programme it's him setting himself up for TV entertainment, rather than manipulating unsuspecting members of the chateau-buying public.

Yes, Nigel is back as Will stated on Channel 4 next Tuesday at 20.30. This is how the story starts:

Nigel's Place in France
Following the collapse of his Indian restaurant business in France, Nigel Farrell returns in a new series with a fresh project that he hopes will enable him to stay in the beautiful Ardeche region. This time he plans to open a B & B for British tourists, but he must first overcome various obstacles in his way, including the reluctance of his former business partner to sell the house they jointly own in order to help finance the venture.

Baz

Why?

Because it all looks so easy on the TV doesn't it

Put the satchel down by the door, when it fills up, take the loot down the bank and then start all over again. Right Alexis ?

One thing for sure, a B&B in the Ardeche for Nigel will be doomed, so perhaps he is preparing the ground for a new programme, possibly about how to run a gîte complex in the Ardeche ?

He sure knows how to get Channel 4 people to buy his programmes, he does useless in his attempts at doing business in France but the programmes do get bought. So who are the mugs, us for watching or the TV station for buying it ? 

Mind you, I have to admit to watching the shows, perhaps just to see how all the errors they make, legal or otherwise, simply get brushed under the carpet. Anyone remember him mentioning paying the high cotisations in the resto business or taking a trip to the Chambre de Commerce ?

One certain winner is Nigel, 'cos he gets a holiday and a guaranteed income for having a wonderful scripted time in France.

Just as with Mr Mayle, why the b****y hell didn't I think of it first

[quote]Hello I have often wondered why incoming brits always head for things like opening a B&B or a "GITE" or doing menial tasks for someone. Why don't people open a foundry or plant for canning veget...[/quote]

>I have often wondered why incoming brits always head for things like opening a B&B or a "GITE" or doing

>menial tasks for someone. Why don't people open a foundry or plant for canning vegetables or go into the

>retailing business. You know real business....

Because they can't speak good enough French. So you are stuck with things you can do with English ; tourism and manual labour.

[quote]Why not open a proper chip shop selling proper big fat greasy chips in arses that are heavily populated by Brits? Chuck[/quote]

I'm sure we all know you meant 'areas' instead of the misspelled word... although over-consumption of 'proper big fat greasy chips' can lead to that misspelled condition becoming a serious problem!