Fox Hunting (yet again...)

letrangere

One can only applaud him for looking so good under all that pressure, although the plastic surgery was perhaps a bit radical.

OTOH, at least TB has a fan somewhere.  I wonder how many people have named their pooches after Sarkozy, also famed for his omnipresence in front of the cameras?   Haven't heard of any yet......   

[quote]One can only applaud him for looking so good under all that pressure, although the plastic surgery was perhaps a bit radical. OTOH, at least TB has a fan somewhere. I wonder how many people have nam...[/quote]

Naming a foxhound after someone who would ban fox hunting in the UK is not to my mind an act of flattery. The hound is far more attractive mind.

[quote]Patmobile, who is on your photo?[/quote]

It's George Clooney who will be playing me in the Hollywood film of my life.

Of course he's not really good-looking enough, but who is?

This photo is the least flattering I could find, in case anyone thought he really was me on a bad day.

Back on the subject, there are 2 ex-MFH's living here in France near me. Perhaps we could start a hunt here? I don't ride or hunt, though, so I'm out.

Patrick

Many thanks, Creusois, for posting the link, I wouldn't know where to start.  And I'm glad others found this article interesting.

Patrick, you say you have a couple of former MFHs living near you, wouldn't surprise me if more started making their way to France soon.  The Telegraph ran an article on its property pages recently featuring houses with stables in a couple of popular hunting regions and more are bound to follow suit now. 

Margaret

There was an article in the Sunday Times homes section a few weeks ago about this subject by the woman who writes a regular column about living in France - ?Helena Frith ? Evidently hunts people in UK are wanting to bring their hunts over here, not just near Pau, but in other places too. Although I don't feel strongly for or against hunting, I think this would do the British in France more harm than good. Wouldn't go down too well with the farmers either! Hopefully the practicalities of pet passporting etc will put them off. Pat.

What was it the Bush-cronies say about the French - "cheese eating surrender monkeys" or something like that?

So I'm sure French foxes wouldn't be up to scratch, wouldn't they just roll over and give in?

Is there not a rule in France about hunting certain species only on certain Thursdays, or is that just a local thing? Judging by the number of 'chasse interdite', 'chasse reservée' or 'chasse privée' signs I can't see English hunts being widely welcomed. Unless a fee was to be charged of course.

I thought that the hunting lobby claim that they hunt to destroy vermin and that the "sport" is secondary. According to someone I know near Pau, although there are foxes there, the locals do not consider them a nuisance. Kind of blows the hunters argument out of the water!