What's my house called?

We bought a house called "Le Trois Sources" - The 3 Springs, but then found all mail was addressed to its proper name "Les Rious". However I can't find this in any dictionary. Does anyone have a translation please? Any suggestions welcomed!

Our original property in France was in a townhouse development called "Les Mesnils du Golf". Althoug Mesnils seems pretty frequent a name, no dictionary could give a translation. It took weeks to find a French-speaking person who could give us an idea of the English translation. Sort of 'champs' or fields, or links in this case perhaps.

There is no direct translation of mesnils into English but there is, sort of, in Scots. The old Scots word mensal is from the same root. It means the part of your land that you keep for yourself rather than rent out (which is the hirsel).

Amazing! Thanks for the info. We don't actually live in France yet [our house is rented out to a French family] but still live in Belgium, where we rent one of the houses in the so-called Beguinage [Begijnhof in Flemish]. Sisters used to live here but have now sadly all died out.

There is one such in almost every Belgian city and even two in Holland. Each house is named after a saint: ours is Sint Jozef [Saint Joseph] but we would dearly like to live in the house opposite which is called Guardian Angel.

Someone did tell us that Les Rious also meant little streams or springs but as I can't find it in the dictionary, I'd like a bit more of an explanation.  If there is still anyone out there who can shed light................

Google is good for this sort of thing. If you type in "un riou" or "le riou" with the quotation marks, it will search for that whole phrase, so eliminating most instances of the surname Riou. I had a quick look at the results for this search and a riou does indeed seem to be a stream.

Paolo