French Aerial Photographs from IGN

There was a post recently on the laymyhat forum from someone in the USA discussing aerial photos of their property, and it set me thinking that I would like to get an aerial photo of our house in France.

I found this on the web: http://www.ign.fr/affiche_rubrique.asp?rbr_id=1994&lng_id=FR

Basically, it appears to be a CD-ROM of aerial photos which you can buy for your department, and it claims that each pixel represents 50cm2 of ground - so it must be pretty detailed. (Presumably these photos were taken by satellite, not aeroplane). Each one costs 50 Euros, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Does anyone know anything about this, before I commit myself to buying one - it seems a little too good to be true.

I dunno. It's an interesting idea, but it's PC only, so Mac users need not apply, and essentially you would only want to look at one or two places, so €50 seems a bit steep. 50m2 is about the size of 5 Volvo estates parked next to each other so you may not get much detail, either. There are places which will sell you an aerial photo of your place, and these may be better value.

Dick,

Could you point me in the direction of the "places which which will sell you an aerial photo"? That is essentially what I am looking for.

Regarding the IGN photos, it was 50cm2, not 50m2 - so I think that is still fairly detailed... Also, I don't have a MAC so it's not a problem for me, and I do have a number of friends in the area so they may also be interested to see their properties - although I realise that I probably would not be allowed to print any off for them as there must be some sort of copyright restrictions. 

50cm2? Bloody hell, I take it all back! That's the size of a teaplate! That could be embarrassing - so makes having the whole CD worthwhile.

The photo thing was discussed either on here or Total France (yes, I know just how helpful that is!) about a year ago. I've tried an Internet search but haven't found anything yet - but I remember that a couple of people had bought photos of their places from the air, and that it seemed to be good value.