Current Postal Delays?

[quote]Generally the postal service is excellent but I have had a parcel of books go missing. Also a friend was expecting a parcel from her parents in the UK for her son's birthday that took four weeks to ar...[/quote]

Try and top this scenario!

Oct 2 - Ordered two books from Amazon.co,uk.

3 - E-mail confirming shipment

10 - E-mailed Amazon . . Not recieved.

11 - Amazon reply says wait until 17th

19 - Back to Amazon - Not recieved.

Today - Recieved books with stamp on box 'Missent to Iran'! IRAN?? Got e-mail from Amazon - Replacements sent today via DHL.

ROFL! Is that wild or what???

The only problem now is that Iran has my name and address. Hmmmm?

[quote]Rayconsider yourself lucky. Parents in UK order book on Amazon on 5th September for my OH's birthday. It arrived last Friday. They had wondered why he hadn't said thanks, but were too polite to enq...[/quote]

Normally it takes 4-5 days for me. It IS a terribly long way across the channel, you know! I even get stuff from the Colorado in about a week. Sigh!

Normally it takes 4-5 days for me. It IS a terribly long way across the channel, you know! I even get stuff from the Colorado in about a week. Sigh!

But do you know whether they are coming from England? A few months ago I ordered a couple of books from Amazon.uk., in English, published by a UK publisher. Close scrutiny of the packaging showed that they had been sent from Germany!

[quote]Normally it takes 4-5 days for me. It IS a terribly long way across the channel, you know! I even get stuff from the Colorado in about a week. Sigh! But do you know whether they are coming from Engl...[/quote]

**But do you know whether they are coming from England?**

I went and looked and it says 'Royal Mail'. I was really anxious to get the one. It is '181 Uses Of A Dead Cat!'.

Amazon.fr stuff comes from Germany, but .co.uk always from the UK, at least in my experience?

One of the missing parcels is actually from amazon.co.uk, who've just emailed to tell me the parcel was undeliverable due to "incomplete or incorrect address"... strange, as it's the completion of an order which arrived safely a fortnight ago to the same address!

Just trying to think if I've upset anyone down at the Post Office...