Geothermal Heating?

JJ

It strikes me as a very odd notion that a person should be criticised for seeking advice on a subject simply because information may well be available elsewhere. After all, other people's relevant experience is probably the best advice possible and has the benefit of immediacy.

It's equally strange to me to think that a person - a French resident at that - should be expected to refrain from taking advantage of French grants, tax breaks etc. simply because they are perceived to be better off financially than the average. The super-rich might be expected to take the moral high ground but a small businessman? I don't think so.

[quote]It strikes me as a very odd notion that a person should be criticised for seeking advice on a subject simply because information may well be available elsewhere. After all, other people's relevant exp...[/quote]

A slight “tangent” but I have been told that in France there are loads of regulations, laws, etc. covering any particular “area”. As such, officials often have a fair degree of flexibility in “selecting” and “interpreting” which and how all these different regulations might apply. Thus, whilst there may be “definitive facts” available, other peoples experience as to how things might be interpreted in their area represent a valuable additional aid to those asking questions that may somewhere have a “answer”.

Ian