New Board

Teamedup

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also miss the 'postings since last visit' option.

I wasn't re-directed and had to go fishing for this site.

P.s. the reply button seems to make it look like you are replying to a posting (and then shows their header) but it becomes a general reply to the thread, with the thread header . Perhaps the old software also did that.

Good luck in the settling down. I'm off to France for a week, where I don't have internet.

John

I don't like this new look meself! I prefer the old forum better because this looks a bit too busy and it hurts me big brown eyes a lot too!

I am writing to me MP to see if he can use his influence to get the old forum back.

And what has happened to me gorgeous little Robin Red Breast? He was doing no harm to anyone!

[quote

user="FurryKnickers"]

I am writing to me MP to see if he can use his influence to get the old

forum back.

[/quote]

I’m afraid Mr Blair isn’t too keen on anything to do with

France at the moment so you may not get quite the assistance you seek there.  However, start some threads about EU

agricultural reform, how nasty French politicians are, tell the world about

corruption in high (French) places and you my get a better response from him.

Ian

I'm being driven mad by the "not read" function. The first time I tried it I got pages of posts going back to the summer and loads of stickies before I could find anything I actually wanted to read. So I followed the suggestion of marking each subsection  as read which took forever. And I've come back this morning and I've still got 8 pages of unread posts, including ones from the beginning of december. The site is a lot faster and the writing is nice and clear but I haven't got the time to plough through page loads of house renovation questions (just an example) or to go to each forum to mark it as read every day. This must be the only  forum I use that doesn't have either a "since last visit" or "last 24 hrs" function.

I am being driven up the wall by this new forum, every time I come to

look at a post, I get newest first, and when I change it in the box on

the right hand side it only works for the message I am looking

at.  Please somebody tell me how I can fix this so that I do not

next feature in the missing posters thread, because it is really really

annoying me.  I just want the first message at the top of the page

and to be able to read downwards. 

I'm only posting to see what everyone's moaning about! As I have not been able to see who's posted or access my profile for months it's great just to have those two facilities back and be able to join in again - some, however, may say this is a bad thing!

[quote user="Tourangelle"]I am being driven up the wall by this new forum, every time I come to look at a post, I get newest first, and when I change it in the box on the right hand side it only works for the message I am looking at.  Please somebody tell me how I can fix this so that I do not next feature in the missing posters thread, because it is really really annoying me.  I just want the first message at the top of the page and to be able to read downwards. 
[/quote]

Hi Tourangelle

In edit your details can you confirm that under Site Options you have sort posts - ascending.

This should be it.

Edit done it for you...hope it helps.

James

Question. In the section where you can alter settings (can't remember the name, but you click on your user name at the top of the main page to get to it), there's an option called 'enable collapsing panels'.

What does that mean?

In the same section, it is telling me I last logged in on the 6th of December.

Also, another thing which I have sent to Admin, but may as well mention here; if you come back and edit a post at a later time/date, the post you have edited then seems to appear as the 'last post'. For instance, about half an hour ago, I edited a post I made last night, and it then appeared as 'last post', (making it look as though no one had posted in the postbag since last night) until I made a new post in the same thread.

[:)] It took a couple of urgent emails but have a new password and am back.  I particularly like the difference in loading speed, it was so slow before and that was with broadband, goodness knows the frustration level of those with dialup used to be.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New year from Eleanor in Sydney [:D]

[quote user="Tresco"]

Question. In the section where you can alter settings (can't remember the name, but you click on your user name at the top of the main page to get to it), there's an option called 'enable collapsing panels'.

What does that mean?

[/quote]

This is for using/seeing the icon against the forum groups so that you can only show (or expand) certain forum groups of your choosing. For example the main conference page you can click on the icon next to Frequently Asked Questions (Read Only) to not show this all the time if you never use it.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Also, another thing which I have sent to Admin, but may as well mention here; if you come back and edit a post at a later time/date, the post you have edited then seems to appear as the 'last post'. For instance, about half an hour ago, I edited a post I made last night, and it then appeared as 'last post', (making it look as though no one had posted in the postbag since last night) until I made a new post in the same thread.

[/quote]

Yes, I noticed this and posted about it in the 'website' forum. It gives an indication that a post has been edited but, as you say, it looks like there haven't been posts since.

James