New Board

Teamedup

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a little problem with the clarity of the page numbers, and I no longer get a short preview of the topic when I hover the cursor over it.  Has this feature disappeared?  I found it quite useful in sorting which topics I wanted to read.

I miss that function too Patm

At this point I think I would like to lose my icon virginity and put in a smiley, but I can't figure out how to do it!

When you are composing a post, at the bottom of the screen all the icons are pictured. If you hover over one with your mouse it tells you the name, then you have to go to the insert smiley bit above the message screen to choose the (almost all hideous) emoticon.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Yes, a little problem with the clarity of the page numbers, and I no longer get a short preview of the topic when I hover the cursor over it.  Has this feature disappeared?  I found it quite useful in sorting which topics I wanted to read.

I miss that function too Patm

At this point I think I would like to lose my icon virginity and put in a smiley, but I can't figure out how to do it!

When you are composing a post, at the bottom of the screen all the icons are pictured. If you hover over one with your mouse it tells you the name, then you have to go to the insert smiley bit above the message screen to choose the (almost all hideous) emoticon.

[/quote]

If you to 'edit your details' at the top of the page and click on your name you get a range of options > scroll down until you see 'Enable mouse over pop up' and tick the box. Save the changes at the bottom of the page.

AFAIK to insert a smiley you have to do it from the box in the tool bar where it says Text - Colour - Highlight - Insert Smiley

Hope that helps [:D]

[quote user="Ruth"]Unlike Saligo Bay  I'm finding the print really tiny. I've altered to largest but it hasn't made any difference.[/quote]

With regard to the font/text size, I can see some parts of

the forum do use very small text sizes. 

Not a problem for me but I can see how it would be difficult for

some.  The thing is that the text size

does not appear consistent across the forum. 

For example, the main forums page (with the forum areas and descriptions

listed) has small text.  Quoted bits in

posts have small text, etc.  For me (in

my browser) the body of what most people post is actually larger than the

previous software.

Maybe people might say which parts they are seeing as small

and should be increased in size.

Ian

The problem is in the Stylesheet the forum software uses, in the New Forum Software' thread I have posted a sloution to the problem (for the forum dev team)

Simply holding down the Ctrl key and using the mouse scroll wheel will adjust the font size, at least with this version of the software you CAN adjust the font size which is a step forward

Its what every site SHOULD do to become accessible, incidentally sites that don't may well be breaking the law, esp. if those sites are deemed to be providing a service... Arguably that’s every web site

Information here on Europe, France and all member states:

http://www.webaim.org/coordination/law/eu/

In the UK the RNIB (Royal National Institute for the Blind) claims that they've considered taking up a number of legal cases against organizations with regard to their websites. When they have raised the issue of website accessibility, companies have typically made the necessary changes rather than face the prospect of legal action.

The relevant quotes from the UK Disability Discrimination Act 175-page document are:

2.2 (p7): "The Act makes it unlawful for a service provider to discriminate against a disabled person by refusing to provide any service which it provides to members of the public."

4.7 (p39): "From 1st October 1999 a service provider has to take reasonable steps to change a practice which makes it unreasonably difficult for disabled people to make use of its services."

2.13 - 2.17 (p11-13): "What services are affected by the Act? An airline company provides a flight reservation and booking service to the public on its website. This is a provision of a service and is subject to the act."

5.23 (p71): "For people with visual impairments, the range of auxiliary aids or services which it might be reasonable to provide to ensure that services are accessible might include … accessible websites."

5.26 (p68): "For people with hearing disabilities, the range of auxiliary aids or services which it might be reasonable to provide to ensure that services are accessible might include … accessible websites."

[quote user="Forum Admin"]

There is an 'options' box at the bottom of each forum that you can filter posts and mark them as read but there doesn't seem to be a 'mark as read' within the unread list. One of the developers is going to look into this next week.

James

[/quote]

Thanks James

It's so much quicker.  I've got to Page 5 on this topic in very reasonable time, before I never used to bother to look at anything beyond page 2, it took so long. 

I used to like being able to hover over a topic and get the first few lines, I see someone else has mentioned this.  Any chance in getting that back?

Liz (29)

[quote user="Liz"]

I used to like being able to hover over a topic and get the first few lines, I see someone else has mentioned this.  Any chance in getting that back?

Liz (29)

[/quote]

Hi Liz,

Head to the 'Edit your details' link along the top of the page and click your name. Direct link is /cs/user/EditProfile.aspx

You can enable Post Mouse-Over Pop-Up: set this to Yes if you wish to have a small amount of preview text when you hover over subjects on the threads page.

James

Server Error in '/cs' Application.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table
'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not
 allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the
error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value
NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column
does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId',
table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls.
INSERT fails.

The statement has been terminated.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +194

CommunityServer.Controls.EditProfile.Update_Click(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +1048

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.
IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18 System.Web.UI.Page.Raise
PostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET

Version:1.1.4322.2300

Well I think its all gone remarkably smoothly.  For a new software system roll-out there are

bound to be issues.  However, they all

seem relatively minor (except for the 12:45AM actually being 00:45[:D]).  Many thanks to IS and all involved.

Ian

Ok so now I'm getting used to it!

Strange analogy coming up - At first it was like the odd times when Granada filmed Coronation St in proper "film" and I never felt like I was 'there' , I felt like I was watching it (which I know I was, I'm not completely mad! ) but unlike this was unlike the times when they use video and it seemed more real to me!

Mad I know ! Ramblings of a crazy woman!

[quote user="Deimos"][quote user="Forum Admin"]OK Ian, I've changed it to double digit 24 hour format.[:)][/quote]

Now I'm going to have to stay up really late to watch it (maybe even make a late post).[:D][:D]

Ian

[/quote]

That was daft - its already gone midnight so I've just seen it happen [:$]

It's jetlag from the migration Ian, we're all in a mess, but at least you "saw it happen"   [O]   [S]

Don't you just love these smileys   [:D]   [:|]   [8-|] isn't this one Woody Allen's father?

Did anyone have the potato face kit when you were a kid, sticking lips, eyes, etc. on potatoes and making faces, that's what these smileys remind me of.  This one is sleep  [|-)] so I'm going to bed.  Sweet dreams... [A]

Well, I am finally in.  Had the sense (finally!) to realise that the couple of hours for the change over wouldn't be as long as three days so went on to the LivingFrance site today.

Then my password wasn't accepted.

Then there are these blooming wide posts which I have to scroll the page along to read.  I HATE that.

I shall be reading all your hints and tips with great interest.....[*-)]

[quote user="Alexis"]

Then there are these blooming wide posts which I have to scroll the page along to read.  I HATE that.

I shall be reading all your hints and tips with great interest.....[*-)]

[/quote]

Alexis welcome back, I agree with your comment about the page width. It appears to be due to a posting by Mrs MDW where she copied and pasted an error page which would not fit into the normal width of the page. I wonder if the settings can be set to prevent this happening by ensuring that any copying is reduced to the normal page size.

Baz