New Board

Teamedup

[quote user="Dotty0"]

A couple of things.  Firstly, I don't mean to be stupid but I can't find the spell check buttttoooooon on this reply page.

Secondly, Some of my posts have come up with anonymous as the author.  Hope i've spelt that right.

Thirdly, Can't find button with 'since last visit' not that it ever appeared to work on the old format.

And I have just thought of a fourth, sorry. Its gone.  Maybe when I've had another glass of wine I will remember.

On a positive note, I think its much kinder on the eye.  Dotty (in case it says annomyyy, whatever)

[/quote]

There is note somewhere to say we have no spell check at present (try http://www.iespell.com)

No idea about your posts being anonymous, although I think I can see this one is from you ?

For posts since last visits look on the first page at 'Not Read'

Yes, as far as I remember we have always been on GMT or British time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew!  I thought we were all flying together in V formation, but I got left behind.  I had no redirect at all, just the old forum saying something about migration in progress, kept trying until tonight.  Then finally did a search to get here.  Shall have a sniff around, but already I cannot see anywhere to post a picture ?   [&] 

And where's my avatar   [8-)]    Perhaps I'm the only one still "attached" to the old forum (I liked it)   [U]

I did take off from the old ship this afternoon, but got lost in flight...

How do you post a photo...  (the only way seems to be to copy and paste).  

Thanks Gay, nice to see you   [:D]

But I've looked where you say and it mentions as before to insert a photo with the little mountain, but I don't have a little mountain any more  [:O] 

I was trying to find the smileys and now have a nasty face at the top of my post re New Board, I didn't mean to put that there, oh mon dieu...

Has anyone got a glass of cognac?

Yes, Tim thoughtfully put in a special piece of coding enabling Teamedup to break

the champagne bottle across the bows, as it were. Then the rest of us

were able to post.

Errr... kidding!

Nice new site, seems quite fast - which is waht really matters to me!

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Tresco, Go to 'Edit your details' right at the top of the page, click on your name and that will bring up some options including the appearance of the site.

AFAIK to get the smiley in the post, click where you want it, scroll down in the Insert Smiley box and chose the one you want then click on it [*-)] Hope that works !!!

[/quote] Thanks Gay.

My problem is, the list is just names, and while some of them are obvious, like devil[6] but others are not, so how do you know which one is the cute tiny man? I can see him on the icons listed as pics at the bottom of the post message screen, but nothing happens when I click his button (there's a lewd joke lurking here somewhere).

Apart from my longing for the tiny man, it is much quicker

[quote user="Russethouse"]

[/quote]

Not read is bring up a lot of very old messages - some of which I have read but mostly not and no desire to read.  Is there a way to set all as having been read?

Otherwise - speed is much quicker

layout - OK except for multipage entries - having a mid blue number on red shaded to maroon background does not make it easy to find second and subsequent pages.  Somehing I am sure I'll get used to but maybe newcomers will not realise there are second pages to threads.  Like all things new it'll take a little adjusting to, but so far overall I would say[:)]

Is there any way i can mark these as read, only i have about 300 showing as not read , but some are of no interest to me and it would appear the only way to get rid of them is to open each mail

Thanks for any input

[quote user="andyh4"]

layout - OK except for multipage entries - having a mid blue number on red shaded to maroon background does not make it easy to find second and subsequent pages.  Somehing I am sure I'll get used to but maybe newcomers will not realise there are second pages to threads.  Like all things new it'll take a little adjusting to, but so far overall I would say[:)]

[/quote]

Valid point and will look into how easy this is to change.

James

If you click on a topic from the opening page, there is then an option box at the bottom of the page. If you enter the date filter you can set to say "New since last visit" which is great. However, this will only apply to that topic and as there are 50 topics in this forum is there a way of applying "New since last visit to every topic in one go?

Baz

[quote user="Russethouse"]Click on your name at the top of the first page and you can alter all sorts of things...............[;)] [D][/quote]

Thank you, I've changed it to Small, but it's still reeeeeeeeeeeeeelly BIG!!    For example, on the front panel, only the first 3 forums fit onto the screen - Just Started, Inheritance, and Finding a Home.  

The search box is over the Private Messages words (at least, I think that's what it says - it's covered by the search box!).

It's definitely faster tho. [:D]

I've had a problem logging on, but I like the look - and I've got Smileys (ugh!) - but no text alteration tools or anything else.

Oh - and it seems that the bloody silly bloody anti-profanity software objects to my name so I'd REALLY appreciate it if that was changed because I find it just a teensy bit of a bloody insult.

[quote user="Dicksmith"]I've had a problem logging on, but I like the

look - and I've got Smileys (ugh!) - but no text alteration tools or

anything else.

Oh - and it seems that the bloody silly bloody anti-profanity software

objects to my name so I'd REALLY appreciate it if that was changed

because I find it just a teensy bit of a bloody insult.[/quote]

Where did you get those 3 stars from D ick ? Are you being graded ?

Unlike Saligo Bay  I'm finding the print really tiny. I've altered to largest but it hasn't made any difference. Even with my glasses and my replacement lense after cataract op I find it really difficult to read. Incidentally so does my husband who doesn't need glasses.

I would just like to say that I have only found the new forum today as I had stopped visiting the old style forum as I couldn't see who had posted, couldn't access 'posts since last visit '  etc  -despite trying to follow instructions to correct the problem.

I'm pleased to see the new style and can now see who has replied etc so - Welcome back Living France to my favourites list!

I'll llet you know if I have any problems as I go along.

Thanks again.

[quote user="Ruth"]Unlike Saligo Bay  I'm finding the print really tiny. I've altered to largest but it hasn't made any difference. Even with my glasses and my replacement lense after cataract op I find it really difficult to read. Incidentally so does my husband who doesn't need glasses.[/quote]

The changes don't always take place straight away, sometimes it takes 10 minutes or so.

Apart from some initial difficulty getting recognised - I had to

pretend I'd forgotten my password, then received a new totally

unmemorisable one - the new style seems to work well and it's certainly

very clear on my screen.  Congratulations.

Yes, a little problem with the clarity of the page numbers, and I no

longer get a short preview of the topic when I hover the cursor over

it.  Has this feature disappeared?  I found it quite useful

in sorting which topics I wanted to read.

At this point I think I would like to lose my icon virginity and put in a smiley, but I can't figure out how to do it!

Patrick