Super U washing powder

Val_2

Has anyone else been using this powder lately and finding it dosn't dissolve properly on 40° or less washes? I find white streaks on dark clothing especially jeans and sweatshirts and they have to be rinsed through again to get rid of it. I've used this make on and off for years and never had any trouble until just recently. My husband wonders if they are using another manufacturer and what we buy here isn't compatable with very soft water. My lot have also complained about itching too, especially downstairs.

I have gone onto liquid washing product recently because of just this problem. I never use the amounts of powder that the manufacturers recommend anyway and just could not believe what was happening.

My recent liquid is one of Carrefour's own with Aloe Vera and I am quite happy with it.

Seems it is a nationwide problem then and not just localised here. I've just used some Internmarché Apta brand liquid and it smells lovely on the washed items. My friend was using Persil and found that on ironing dark items, she was getting a covering of fine white powder appear.

I don't have a Super U near me, but also have the same problem with 'localised itching' from my men-folk when using powder. I was told that powder with the savon de marseilles was the best to use, but it didn't seem to make any difference..........think I'll look out for the liquid with aloe vera, that should soothe those itchy parts!!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Following Val square's first posting I am following subsequent ones with interest upstairs where my computer is situated, but am getting low on provisions and wonder whether it is safe yet to come downstairs in order to get my shopping as I don't wish to catch this itching that is going round.  What with this aviary flu and downstairs itching I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this is a thoroughly dangerous place to be. You can rest assured that if I spot somebody scratching themselves I shall resist the temptation to say "There's a lot of that going round"

weedon