Tele progamme Thursday 16th March

Our family (who want to retire to France) had dinner last night with a well-travelled American family (who want to retire to Italy); an American family who have lived in UK for 3 years previously, are back here for a second session and who have also lived in France, Spain and Italy (who want to retire to France or UK); and a French couple (who want to retire to USA). It was both great fun and fascinating, as you can imagine.

However -  this event mean that we were unable to see the prog last night about a young British couple who upped sticks for a SW France dream life that apparently went slightly sour. I am unable to fathom out how to use our recording device(s), so didn't attempt to tape it. I  wonder if by any chance anyone recorded the prog and would be willing to allow me to borrow/buy the copy.

Thanks

Pouyade

I watched it last night here in the UK (sorry but I didn't record it) and according to my TV guide, next week's episode is about the same couple and I would imagine that they will recap on what happened last night. It looks as if there are a total of 7 episodes in the series, so there is a possibility that they're all about this particular couple.

We enjoyed watching it, they've certainly got their work cut out and a new baby on the way, and rightly/wrongly they're not afraid to borrow money!!!!!

I found their website on another forum;

http://www.frenchfusion.com/index.php

Having watched several of these "why bother to have a plan, you're on TV" progs one common thread seems to be a lack of birth control - but then for ratings a birth is as good as a death any day.

Cynical ? Moi ?

John

not

I've seen a few of these programmes too and the thing that  always puzzles me is whether the families involved would be able to muddle through - which they always seem to do - without the presumably fairly hefty fee they receive from the programme makers.

Funny how that never gets mentioned...

It is very easy to be disparaging about these sort of programs - I know

I frequently was, though I've not seen one for a few years being as we

don't have UK telly - but in this case, having now seen their website,

these two seem to have had an original idea. It's a bit like a

personalised Mark Warner holiday, as far as I can see, and I would

imagine it being very popular with young professional types.

I've no idea whether or not people who go on these sorts of programes

get a fee or not. I thought that they might get some practical help

sorting out permits and registrations, that sort of thing, but actual

money?

I get a nice warm feeling from seeing people making their own way and

(preferably) succeding. If being on TV makes the difference to their

being able to do so then that seems fair enough to me.

Can't you watch that program off their website (the TV company's I mean) on your internet. I often do that when I am otherwise unavailable to watch what I would like. On dear old Beeb's website most programs are usually available for another week after broadcasting to be viewed at leisure. 

I often need to because of life little inconveniences etc... so when the world and his mother have been sorted... I get myself a glass of wine, plug my laptop at the end of the bed, puff up my pillows, curl up under my duvet, make myself otherwise unavailable to the rest of the world and watch what I have missed during the day or the week...

Oh dear! It sounds really bad the way it's written ...  [;)]