Why can’t the French make Wellington Boots

Is it a historical thing, or maybe an emotional thing. Maybe even political ? I seem to have loads of pair of Wellington boots purchased over here all with splits, holes, etc. in. Latest pair (40€ worth) lasted a couple of weeks before the water started getting in). The only pair I now have is a cheapo pair from Super U but if experience is anything to go by I will be back cleaning out and using my old pair from the UK (now many years old) before long.

Ian

It's true what Ian says and try to get a decent pair ladies' size.  They are all shimmery shiny blue with a heel and green trim, not quite what is needed "down on the farm".  They all split and crack somewhere even before the dogs have a chance to chew them up.

This could go back to the other post, a suggestion for earning money, import decent rubber boots.

I'll slosh along with that zeb - the trusty Aigles not only keep out the water, but are actually quite comfy to walk in.  However, not too cheap.  On same subject does anyone actually wear all these galosh type things which the local farm shop has?  Hyper U recently had pink glittery wellies - was wondering whether to take plunge and buy special navy polyester pinny thing and some of these for smart nights out in the village.  What do you think??[^o)]

I’ve always been reserved about paying out for Aigle ones as they seem so thin and weak in the shop. Given my experiences with how long they seem to last and then pressing the rubber on 60€ a pair boots, I cannot see them lasting well.

Ian

I beg to differ. I bought a pair from the local Halles Aux Chausseurs (cut price place) for 5€. Not thick or a brand name,just plain green and just below the knee and I have actually walked for 12kms in them through thick mud and along a river bed for three hours because they were so pliable and comfy. Made in France too. Buying a marque pair dosn't always work out the best in wellies I now conclude.