Tiresome Threads

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh there was me thinking that you had 'sold out'![Z]

I should have known better! A lot more unorthodox bouncing to do yet. [Y] and I am not being snotty honestly! [}]

I like the sneezing chicken though! as for me, hmmmmm,  foot wedged in gob should do it!

Tresco, you are like  human sparadrap , you like to make things all better !

K Kat we must have been posting at the same time.

I meant that they should consider leaving the forum to which they were referring... NOT this one.

That's what I thought. All sorted?

Edit: looks like we were all posting at the same time!

[quote user="Deimos"]All those who enjoy being rude and nasty to others may find the following article of interest. £10000 awarded !! http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,1737001,00.html?gusrc=rss (Sorry I cannot hot-link it either so you will have to cut and paste if you want to see the article). Ian[/quote]

Ian, in the email informing me of your above post, the site comes out in blue as a direct link, but not on here.

Christine, the blueifying of the link is almost certainly being one by your e-mail program. It will recognise certain sequences of characters (e.g. starts with http://) and this handles the text as a link. Its something that quite a few applications do these days.

Ian

Two chrisbs.

In this thread?

Now that is tiresome.

How can you both have the same name?. I thought it was impossible

EDIT; OK, we have here a 'small' chrisb (who posted earlier) and a 'large' Chrisb (who only came to confuse us).

[quote user="Tag"]Miki, suggest you read

the whole thread before shooting off again, and then particularly my

use of the word 'arguably'. And I will start a new topic when I have

ten minutes.
[/quote]

And I suggest you think again before shooting yourself in the foot.........................again.

When I say, "Chelsea are arguably the best team in England" it means

that I agree with that statement, why would I say it otherwise [;)]  unless

of course it is to get reaction from somewhere.....Surely, you weren't

trying for that Tag, were you? Nah................. I guess you read

through my reply and thought, I know, I can say look at "arguably'"

that changes my whole post.

Just like my guess can let me off the hook eh !

Too small print eh ? OK for those with visionary and colour problems, here

then, for those folks is the reply in blue with nice contrasting red letters (and a couple in green as well as a little bonus)

as well :

And I suggest you think again before shooting yourself in the foot.........................again.

When I say, "Chelsea are arguably the best team in England" it means

that I agree with that statement, why would I say it otherwise [;)] , unless

of course it is to get reaction from somewhere.....Surely, you weren't

trying for thet Tag, were you? Nah................. I guess you read

through my reply and thought, I know, I can say look at "arguably"

that changes my whole post.

Just like my guess can let me off the hook eh !

** Tis meant as no more than a simple jest and I hope it is not seen as a sideways swipe at

anyone with poor eyesight but it is a kind of a let's cut the crap Tag. You come on and appear to dictate what should be posted and that don't rest too

well................moosh. You want to shoot your own take on things off at others, then one must expect some back, n'est pas !

Oh dear, oh dear Miki, I am registered blind but keep trying to communicate with you lucky sighted people. However, just a point or two before I do something else: firstly, the use of 'arguably' (as I keep telling my students) suggests that the writer or speaker knows that the point is contentious but is offering a personal opinion based on the available evidence, accepting (not excepting) other possibilities. It implies a willingness to accept alternatives. As to 'guess', I think modern parlance simply has it meaning ' think' or 'thought', but you may find this meaning too American, therefore, 'guess' would mean something much less than 'hypothesis' or evidence.

I still say that this thread is of little value because the content is of interest to very few people and because much of it consists of negotiation between users rather than solid debate.

A very short time ago the administrators would have pulled it I suspect.

Perhaps to make amends you would like to use the insomniac hours to contribute to the topic I have opened up.

We still have nightly fosts in Belgium. And you?

I still say that this thread is of little value because the content is of interest to very few people and because much of it consists of negotiation between users rather than solid debate.

A very short time ago the administrators would have pulled it I suspect. (tag)

No tag, they hardly ever pull a whole thread. The fact that so many different people have taken part should tell you something.

This forum is many things to many different users.

Amazingly tonight I was able to identify some mad sparkly beetle that a member wanted the full name of. Now here I am saying this forum is NOT just about solid debate. And it never has been.

Hello Twinkle. I remember you, I think... LOL