A big THANK YOU to the Living France Forum

Hi

Not sure where to place this post but I just wanted to say how much I have learnt from this forum.

I found a long term rented gite and many new freinds, websites, ideas, facts and information.  You have been a god send. 

I shall continue to read and  enjoy.

Regards [:D]

Thanks for that Sunshine.  My advice is limited at the moment as we are relative newcomers to France. But it's a good feeling,  to know you have helped someone, even if the information is minimal, as it could set them off in the right direction.

Harley

Hi everybody,

i too would like to give three cheers to the LF Forum. I have found as said before the majority of the threads are interesting, lively, instructional and a must read. There is a clique of people on the forum who seem to think it is their forum and whatever they want is much more important than anybody elses. The current thread about Miki for instance and before that Le Bouffon etc etc etc ad nauseum. Although initially the thread had a certain amount of interest it is now totally boring boring boring. Come on people act like grown ups and leave it alone. The longer the Miki thread continues more people are going to throw their toys out of the pram and people who have contributed useful information are going to leave. I know I am probably going to get slated for saying this but really people act your age not your shoe size.

Aidy

[quote user="Adrian Squires"]

i too would like to give three cheers to the LF Forum. I have found as said before the majority of the threads are interesting, lively, instructional and a must read. [/quote]

LOL Aidy, wouldn't it have been wiser to just post what I have quoted?. You'll start it all up again if you're not careful [:D]

I do agree with the sentiment of the thread though.

My Current Forum Hero. Chrispp with his patient and generously informative wildlife posts.

I agree with Tresco here - what was the rest of your post all about Adrian if not to drag that same boring, boring, boring subject into yet another thread!

I also agree about Chrispp, very knowledgable man about wildlife. 

Just want to add "poolguy" onto the list of helpful experts.  Between him & chrisspp so many people receive prompt & very informative information, without asking for anything in return!!

"Three cheers" for our wildlife & swimming pool heros!!  (may have gone just a little over the top there!  [+o(] ) 

[quote user="Opas"]Hugs and kises to Will, he`s an expert on the Satelite, TV reparation you know!    See my posting  Oh balls in that section.[kiss][kiss][kiss] to Will.[/quote]

Oh, Wills OK I suppose [;-)]

TeamedUp!   If I hadn't read her posts long before I joined, I would have had far less of a clue about just about everything before coming, AND I would still be a concubine [:-))]

No offense to concubines.[:)]

Thanks for posting this Sunshine. You’ve reminded me how helpful I found this forum when we first bought our house.

Although we did still make some mistakes none of them was insurmountable and the general atmosphere of pleasant support was very reassuring.

Hoddy

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="Adrian Squires"]

act your age not your shoe size.

[/quote]

For those of us in France, it won't make much difference!   My shoe size is 39, is that a suitable age to act?  [:)]

[/quote]

Excellent point - for once I actually feel young - but only because I have big feet!!  I'm a 41!!  [:D]

And what is your show size Ali?  Please show us...

I too wish I was my shoe size age (37!)........ at least it's not yet the other way round.

I too would like to thank the forum for some very good times, some animals who have found homes, useful information and all the rest of the BS, including what I consider to be some very good pals on here.   [kiss]   [geek]   [kiss]

Shoe size 41 - Ok age to be I guess - but would rather be a great deal younger  if possible.  I don't want to grow up thanks.  When I am 80 I'll probably still be dividing the world into 'grown-ups' and people like me.

Maggi