Whose avatar do you like best?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely, much as I love my rabbit, I like Katies best; it really suits her  [:D]

I love Wills little dog too.

I only got mine recently. I never wanted one till I found the rabbit. There are a few others who haven't got an Avatar.

TU is one (but she is still reflecting).

Twinkle hasn't got one at the moment.

Ian Horn hasn't got one either. Maybe Twinks and Ian should choose each other an Avatar, for a laugh. [:D]

Firstly you need to have the picture you want to use on the internet, using photobucket is easy and free http://photobucket.com/

When the picture is loaded there is an option to resize which I suggest you do.

Then I minimize the page.

Click on your name at the top of the page on the forum to go to your profile . Scroll down to 'Avatar', then enlarge photobucket page, under your pic are three sets of letters, I think the one you need is 'image' IMG Copy the string of letters/numbers into the box by the side of the word Avatar, then click on Save Changes, (bottom right)

It may take 30 minutes to activate.

Tresco will tell you if I have got this wrong......

Thierry le Luron used to do an imitation of Alice Sapritch lying back on a couch with her cigarette holder (don't know if anyone ever saw that), and every time I see your new avatar Gay, don't know why, but it reminds me of that... as if you are nonchalantly lying back giving advice.  It's funny how an avatar can change the way you unconsciously "see" someone.  I'm nearly always unconscious when I'm on here...

I think you can load an avatar directly from your computer (I have).

I can't help anyone.

I have  lost confidence in everything. That rabbit was the only thing left that I felt secure about...I thought it was both sweet, and ironic, but now people are saying it's scary.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

I don't think he's scary!!  Just a little strange.[Www] 

What about my Solomon - that's him having a kip on our sofa!!  [:D]  Personnally I love Mrs Animals.  I love any photo or pictures of cats - but her new one is stunning!!

Edit - "I've got to admit, I am oh-so-partial to Tresco's rabbit magician :D"

I always thought he was drumming - what is he up too???  [8-)]

[quote user="Tresco"]

I can't help anyone.

I have  lost confidence in everything. That rabbit was the only thing left that I felt secure about...I thought it was both sweet, and ironic, but now people are saying it's scary.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Please don't give in Tresco.  I need you to explain the avatar thing - sorry Gay!  Please do it the way you would for a 6 year old.  Thank-you[:$] 

[/quote]

In my limited computer experience - all I did was click on browse where the Avatar button is & go to a picture I had already saved on my computer.  It worked for me - so it should work for you.  If it says the picture is too big. click on the help button & in the index section it will tell you how to make it smaller.  Let Microsoft do all the hard work!!  [:D]

No one keen on Dotty Dalton then?  No, I'm getting fed up of her too.  Any suggestions for a new one please.

Also, can anyone tell me how I get the repeatable bit at the end of my posts, like Twinkles widow Twinkie?  I thought it was called a signature, but when I tried to add one it kept coming back as error something or other, null info bla bla.

Many thanks

Sad Dotty.[:(]

I like your avatar Dotty. She's gorgeous, and inspirational, and sepia tinted. What more could one ask?

James can help with Avatars. It took me ages to get mine in that tiny box and I can't remember how I did it.

I just added 'grumpster' as a signature.

[quote user="Tresco"]

I like your avatar Dotty. She's gorgeous, and inspirational, and sepia tinted. What more could one ask?

James can help with Avatars. It took me ages to get mine in that tiny box and I can't remember how I did it.

I just added 'grumpster' as a signature.

[/quote]

Thankyou Tresco, that's a really nice thing to say.  As you like her maybe she can stay.

Dotty