What would our gallant French cousins post in the way of numb questions if the situation was reversed...?

We went to the pub the other night but the service was terrible - the waiter never came to our table and after a long time we decided to go to the bar to  tell him we wanted some English beer.  They offered us Stella or Kronenbourg.  It cost so much we went home without even asking to see the menu.

Have you tried that superb "Branston Pickle"?  It's perfect with rillettes.

Patrick 

[quote user="andyh4"]

Hey I have just discovered that if you do not get your car re-registered and drive with your French number, they cannot track you down and make you pay your London congestion charges.

[/quote]

Malheureusement, mon ami, they can still tow your car away when they find it parked in the congestion zone and no charge paid!

Patrick

I think you're taking this too seriously Pat.  [:)]

I was going to follow it with a posting about not getting speeding tickets from fixed cameras.

Then one about how deep in the doo doo he was because he had been pulled up and all of his activities had come up on the police computer and did anyone know the address of a good french speaking lwywer in SW16.  And was it possible to pay fines in installments.

[quote user="andyh4"]

I think you're taking this too seriously Pat.  [:)]

I was going to follow it with a posting about not getting speeding tickets from fixed cameras.

Then one about how deep in the doo doo he was because he had been pulled up and all of his activities had come up on the police computer and did anyone know the address of a good french speaking lwywer in SW16.  And was it possible to pay fines in installments.

[/quote]

But it's wonderful here in Angleterre!  When they catch you speeding they award you more points on your permis de conduire!  I was so worried because I had lost all but 3 of my points in France - now les rosbif bobbies have given me 6 more!  I only need to get caught once more and I shall have a clean licence!

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's not always that good.  A friend of mine used to come over with a camion delivering goods to a car factory.  Once he brought his little girl with him and parked without bothering anyone near the Tower of London.  After they had visited the Tower and got back to his camion it was the only vehicle with a clamp on the wheel, none of the English cars had one.

When he used to queue up to deliver at the car factory, they used to let all the English lorries through first and made him wait until last.

Pas très gentil tout ça...