Desperately seeking Janet

DZ

Here is a short story for you:

About a year ago I started considering moving to France.  While doing the usual internet research on the topic, I came across a posting from a long-lost friend of mine.  Our children had been looked after by the same childminder and had formed a very special bond.  About 3 years ago, however, the family won a contract to renovate a French farmhouse and , according to the posting I saw, decided to settle down in France.  And this is how we lost contact with Janet.

I tried to track her down through the website on which she posted but to no avail.  The website administrator suggested that I should try to look for her on the Complete France Forum - and this is how I have found all you lot!  I immediately got hooked on this website and put my search for Janet on the back burner.  But now that I have been visiting this Forum for a while, I think it's the right time to resume my search.  I can't be certain that she visits the Forum but, on the other hand, for all I know she might be hiding under one of the many weird and wonderful names and avatars here. 

So, if:

- you name is Janet

-your children were looked after by Wendy

-you want to reestablish contact with me

please send me a PM!

Anna

Hi Anna

If you know Janet's surname you can search all of the French telephone directory by clicking on www.pagesjaunes.fr and then go to Pages Blanches.  It is a bit tedious as you have to check either each Department or Region, I forget which, but it can be done.

Good luck with your search

Liz

There's a much easier way than that, there's a site for all phone numbers in different countries, but since my computer problems I can't remember the name, it was given on here once.

I see Furryknickers is back, maybe he has it, as he went bezerk and found one of his old girlfriends with it at the time...

I'll be back if I find it.