Missing thread

Unknown

I'm assuming you are all referring to the one where I was being told I was telling untrue flames.

Confused?

Tresco, I was perfectly together, I was not rude, though tempted.  I posted, went out with the kids and bam its gone.

Clearly the person who pulled it is the rude one for not telling me.  What's the point in having a discussion when you can't finish it.  Now I'm not very happy. [:(]

Dotty, chill out...although I completely agree with you., I think the problem this evening is that we have an oversensitive moderator in our midst. Please the mod concerned would you pop up and explain to the people you've upset why you're pushing the bleep button so enthusiastically? I've had two posts deleted by Eslier this evening, neither of which were anywhere near as bad as half a dozen that remain and which I could copy to here, from myself included. Gay, where are you? All is forgiven!

Thats odd............I got an email to say my post on the "semi final" thread had been deleted, to my knowledge I havnt posted on this thread, or any other thred that might of been pulled for any reason. Why did I get this email?

[quote user="Chris Head"]Dotty, chill out...although I completely agree with you., I think the problem this evening is that we have an oversensitive moderator in our midst. Please the mod concerned would you pop up and explain to the people you've upset why you're pushing the bleep button so enthusiastically? I've had two posts deleted by Eslier this evening, neither of which were anywhere near as bad as half a dozen that remain and which I could copy to here, from myself included. Gay, where are you? All is forgiven![/quote]

Who do I complain to about a mod?  Does anybody know?

What 'semi-final' thread'? This gets wierder and wierder.

In recent times  a deleted thread has been explained somehow (and the explanation locked).

You can only see such posts by going into the relevant forum, as 'locked' threads don't appear in the 'active' list. 

In the case Dotty refers to, that would be the Finding/Owning French Property Forum, but there is no explanation there.

PS, Dotty I had no real doubts as to your good conduct.

Earlier this evening, Gay deleted a thread which was headed "Addressing an issue of concern".

Before she deleted it she posted to it giving the reason why she was deleting it. So, in theory, anyone who had posted to that thread should have had an email notification about it.

Pads, I can't see anything of yours that has been deleted - maybe the software is playing up again.

If you want to complain about the moderation of the site you're supposed to complain to admin.

Hope this helps.

Hoddy

[quote user="Hoddy"]Earlier this evening, Gay deleted a thread which was headed "Addressing an issue of concern". Before she deleted it she posted to it giving the reason why she was deleting it. So, in theory, anyone who had posted to that thread should have had an email notification about it. Pads, I can't see anything of yours that has been deleted - maybe the software is playing up again. If you want to complain about the moderation of the site you're supposed to complain to admin. Hope this helps. Hoddy[/quote]

No Hoddy, I have not been notified and strangly I am not joined at the hip to my PC, so therefore didn't see the post by Gay.  I had been out with my kids and returned to find a thread I had spent time posting on completely gone without as much of an explaination. 

I know you mods do this job out of love and I have lots of respect for Gay, but nobody is telling me anything and I'm a very impatient person.  Please Gay tell me why?

"No Hoddy, I have not been notified and strangly I am not joined at the hip to my PC, so therefore didn't see the post by Gay. I had been out with my kids and returned to find a thread I had spent time posting on completely gone without as much of an explaination. "

Dotty I don't think I suggested that you were joined at the hip to your PC. I assumed ( and I guess Gay did too ) that by posting to the thread before she deleted it you would get an email message in the usual way that you would for any thread that you've posted on. If you didn't, then it seems the "email alert" function is malfunctioning again.

Hoddy

[quote user="pads"]Thats odd............I got an email to say my post on the "semi final" thread had been deleted, to my knowledge I havnt posted on this thread, or any other thred that might of been pulled for any reason. Why did I get this email?[/quote]

Hi pads!

I think I understand what's going on. 

Late last night I posted a link on two threads that talk about my husbands band.  I was informed by Quillan this morning that it wasn't allowed. 

Before these two threads exsisted I mentioned something about his band on the "semi-final" thread this summer and Gay re-located these posts to a thread and gave it the name of my husbands band in the Lounge section of the forum. We all carried on afor a couple of days chatting merrily about their sucess. 

However, they've now decided it's not allowed.  They pulled the two threads -  but I just did a search using the name of the band and there are still a couple of posts about them on "semi-final".  Maybe they just deleted what you said refering to them on this thread.  Complicated isn't it? 

Never mind - I have a feeling this one will be pulled soon[;-)]

[quote user="Hoddy"]"No Hoddy, I have not been notified and strangly I am not joined at the hip to my PC, so therefore didn't see the post by Gay. I had been out with my kids and returned to find a thread I had spent time posting on completely gone without as much of an explaination. " Dotty I don't think I suggested that you were joined at the hip to your PC. I assumed ( and I guess Gay did too ) that by posting to the thread before she deleted it you would get an email message in the usual way that you would for any thread that you've posted on. If you didn't, then it seems the "email alert" function is malfunctioning again. Hoddy[/quote]

I know you didn't Hoddy and I'm sorry if I was sharpe with you, its just very frustrating.

So now if the 'email alert' isn't working, now what, will I get an alternative email explaining reasons why.

Many thanks

Dotty, sorry and calmer.

I pulled a thread and I posted purposely to the thread beforehand so that  those who had contributed would see the reasons. If you normally get email notifications about additions to threads you contribute to then you should have got the last post, which was mine. (see below)

>>

Chief and others......Please refer to the Code of Conduct:

>>Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum. <<

>>Please choose your words carefully when posting a message. It is difficult to obtain the tone of written messages unlike when speaking to someone.<<

>>Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies, users of the Forum or not.<<

This thread should definitely not be in this section and probably not be here at all. Chief if you have issues with any post you should press the report button, that alerts the mods and/or admin,  whatever the problem.

For the moment at least, I'm deleting this discussion. If there are issues with that please either contact any of the mods or admin <<<<<

It is not a requirement to contact every contributor with a reason for a deletion (although we sometimes do) and in fact deleting a whole thread makes it much easier to re instate at a later date if the mods or admin decide to do so.

Taking in to account the first quote from the Code of Conduct I'm locking this thread.

PS Dotty - I'm sorry if you didn't get a notification, but Hoddy is correct.