Is everyone who has moved to France come from Dorset or Hampshire ?

Bugsy

Hereford, Herefordshire, England.

My partner, The Squidgester: Surrey, Surreyshire, presumably England but don't know.

Wish I'd never come here to La France Profonde.  It's like the bleedin' 50s.  No crime, no tracksuits, no ASBOs.  Wish I could go home but I underestimated how much it would cost me to renovate Cholet and now I'm irreversibly in hock.  The producers of 'A Place In The Sun' quoted me £20k, the Maire adjusted that figure to E870m.  I've tried to use local labour, I really have, but they won't work between 12 and 2, d'you know what I mean?  How I am supposed to get Cholet ready for paying guests when they won't work 12 to 2?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Chris Head"]Yep that was her Chrisb! I think I'm starting to get on rocky ground here and should slip quietly away....by the way, does Tim still look like the back end of a Challenger tank?[:D][/quote]

Yes, I'm afraid he looks frighteningly like Phil Mitchell these days.......................but we don't run a pub any more and he doesn't have an East London accent!! - he now works in the Pharmaceutical Industry in the UK and commutes weekly from Normandy.

Sorry, everyone, I'm sure none of you are the least bit interested in all this...................it's just really weird to find someone on a French forum who knew your other half long before you did!! [:)]

Chris

Very exciting, what's just happened here. Much better than Eastenders. I certainly was riveted!

I'd love to tell you where I am from, but have become extremely cagey about this since the following incident: it was on "another forum", a while ago. I was having a slight disagreement with another of the posters, whom I was going to PM - until I found out that it was....MOH!!! Honest to goodness, this is absolutely true. I had NO IDEA he was even on any forum - at home we share an "office", our back to each other. Neither of us had any clue what the other one was up to!

You can see now that just sometimes, anonymity can be the best option!!!

72 has nothing to do with Kent and everything to do with a certain motor racing circuit down the road, in our case.  In fact, I am off there in a few moments.  The local telethon is offering drives round the Bugatti circuit today for 30 euros - some quite exotic cars to get a lift in too. [:D]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Clair, if we are going to start that... Lancashire, Yorkshire, Malta, Sussex, Surrey, Kent, London, back to Kent,  Sarthe[/quote]

Wow!!! nothing to do with me! I've only just landed here, hoping to escape witty banter elsewhere!

But since you mention it...

me: Normandie, Rhone-Alpes, Sussex, Lot, with shorts forays into other parts...

him indoors: Walsall (occasional lapses in accent still happen!) Sussex, Lot

PS: sorry, I just could no stand the bad grammar in the title any longer... nothing personal, it's just a thing I'm trying to deal with...