Is everyone who has moved to France come from Dorset or Hampshire ?

Bugsy

[quote user="Chrisb"]

[quote user="chrisb"][quote user="timc17"]Anyone else from the wilds of Norfolk?[/quote]

Hev yor farther got a dicka bor?

(born and bred in Norfolk - but like lots had to leave to earn a living)

Where we lived that wasn't exactly the back of beyond, but must have been the middle of beyond.

[/quote]

Another Chrisb from Norfolk ...................born near Norwich, left to go to college and to travel, then ended up near Hunstanton when I got married.

Regards

Chris

[/quote]

Oh me god its an invasion!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Meg and Mog"][quote user="Chrisb"]

[quote user="chrisb"][quote user="timc17"]Anyone else from the wilds of Norfolk?[/quote]

Where we lived that wasn't exactly the back of beyond, but must have been the middle of beyond.

[/quote]

Another Chrisb from Norfolk ...................born near Norwich, left to go to college and to travel, then ended up near Hunstanton when I got married.

Regards

Chris

[/quote]

Oh me god its an invasion!

[/quote]

Not only that - everyone else will be assuming we're all cousins!

Is your name not Chris?

OK we come from Dorset.  Beautiful county. After 40 years we will be sad to move when we sell the house next year but I wont be sorry to leave a village which has changed from a place where everyone knew everyone else to a place so enlarged by development it is unrecognizable. That's down to this need for more housing I suppose and our sadness is another person's happiness. Perhaps that's why us Dorset folk are moving to France - trying to recapture the old days.We bought a house here, near Durtal, 3 years ago after holidaying in the area for a long time so have many French friends but have yet to meet anyone from Dorset or Hampshire. Perhaps they have swopped one coastal area for another. I would have to drive for a good hour and a half to see the sea ...... 

[quote user="Chrisb"]

[/quote]

Regards

Chris

[/quote]

Oy ChrisB, I'm Chris H, born and raised in Hunstanton, are you trying to nick my identity? Why would you want to marry someone from Hunstanton? Were you desperate?

Mog&Meg is a Fenlander, webbed hands and eyes real close together., but she packs a helluva a punch...if stood on a stool!

[quote]Mog&Meg is a Fenlander, webbed hands and eyes real close together., but she packs a helluva a punch...if stood on a stool![/quote]

Yes but it at least it keeps them Norfolk boys away..................! (Don't worry Chris H, I've bought a step ladder to reach you!!!!)

[quote user="Chris Head"][quote user="Chrisb"]

[/quote]

Regards

Chris

[/quote]

Oy ChrisB, I'm Chris H, born and raised in Hunstanton, are you trying to nick my identity? Why would you want to marry someone from Hunstanton? Were you desperate?

Mog&Meg is a Fenlander, webbed hands and eyes real close together., but she packs a helluva a punch...if stood on a stool!

[/quote]

How long ago did you leave Sunny Hunny - you may well have come across my OH or his Dad (a GP)? They're not too bad these folk from H'ston, once you get them trained properly!
We had the King's Head at Thornham for a while in the early 90's.

Fenlander, now that's a scary prospect..................I tried to get OH to buy a house 'across the river' several years ago, he would have rather had his eyes out with a rusty nail!!!

Regards

ChrisB

[quote user="Chris Head"]

[/quote]

Quick message for you Chris - co-incidentally, my other half DOES know you, you used to be good mates apparently - you lived in Northgate and he lived about 100yards away in Belgrave Avenue..................Tim says Hi!!!

Regards

ChrisB

I came here from Essex, Stanstead actualy[:'(]

You jessie! C Head, Tell your wife you broke the flipping amp and have done with it.  My husband tells me everything ( he learnt long ago that I find out anyway)......he has to 'cos I hold the purse strings too!

[:-))]

[quote user="Chris Head"]Ok, ask him about the girl (I've forgotten her name) who's father was the owner of the KitKat. She used to come down to the studio for a spot of 'table tennis' [;-)][/quote]

Nah, I know about her, K** Br*** (in case she's reading!!) - a fair bit older than the pair of you, wasn't she?!!............................she went on to run a pub in the Fens with her girlfriend (was it something Tim and you did??!!) You'll have to do better than that!!

He's out playing 'table tennis' at the moment, funnily enough - or so he told me!

Meg and Mog: When Tim gets back, I'll see if I can find out anything juicy about him in his youth, but considering it will probably incriminate Tim as well, I may not get very far!!!

Chris