How to avoid stress.

Gastines

Being a Tinnitus sufferer , I try and keep myself busy, it keeps the mind occupied on something other than the continual tone.When I've painted/altered/mended nearly everything in sight and the rain prevents me from gardening, I read, usually too quickly ,and on most occasions when I put the book down ,I'm ashamed to admit I normally can't remember who wrote it and who was in it.[It was unfortunately the same at school ] But, I would like to bring to readers notice two books that were easy reading and memorable.Not the normal violent rubbish churned out by the lorry load.and just the job to relax with a cup of tea,or coffee.

Sue Monk Kidd.....The Secret Life of Bees.

Fannie Flagg....A Redbird Christmas. [Just finished it and I must go and dry my eyes].

I thought it might make a change from the posts regarding Money/Taxes/C.P.A.M/ etc

Regards. 5 mins from St.Malo and the sun has just come out.

Very true, Gastines - "The Secret Life of Bees" is a fantastic book.  I read it last month.  Will look out for "A Redbird Christmas".  A book I would like to recommend is "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel, an extraordinary and very wise piece of writing.

To Blanche-Neige. The "Fried etc" is one of my wifes favourites.    Redbird would make a good film and my wife reckons Jack Nicolson would be the man to play Oswald T.  I think the part is ideal for Robert De'Nero.

I will look out for the life of Pi.

Regards.