Which presidential candidate are you closest to?

[quote user="chessfou"]What a dreadful waste of time. [:)][/quote]

What a lot of fun![:D]

Sego - 60% surprised me, but I was even more surprised to find I was 28% in agreement with Dark Vador.

OH is having a lot of fun calling me unspeakable names.

2/ Olivier Besancenot 52%

3/ Antoine Waechter 44%

4/ Robert Baud 44%

5/ François Bayrou 40%

6/ Ségolène Royal 40%

7/ Jean-Marc Governatori 40%

8/ Corinne Lepage 36%

9/ Leila Bouachera 36%

10/ Jean-Philippe Allenbach 36%

11/ Marie-Georges Buffet 36%

12/ Philippe de Villiers 32%

13/ Frédéric Nihous 32%

14/ Nicolas Miguet 28%

15/ Nicolas Sarkozy 28%

16/ Nicolas Dupont-Aignan 24%

17/ Arlette Laguiller 24%

18/ Yvan Bachaud 24%

19/ Lucien Sorreda 20%

20/ Jean-Marie Le Pen 16%

21/ Michel Baillif 16%

I don't know what this tells me, Chris

Vous ressemblez à Leila Bouachera    56%

2/ Dominique

Voynet            56%

3/ Olivier

Besancenot            52%

4/ Corinne Lepage                48%

5/ Antoine Waechter             48%

6/ Robert Baud                    44%

7/ Marie-Georges

Buffet        44%

8/ François

Bayrou               44%

9/ Ségolène Royal                44%

10/ Jean-Marc

Governatori     40%

11/ Nicolas

Dupont-Aignan      40%

12/ Nicolas

Sarkozy               40%

13/ Yvan Bachaud                36%

14/ Nicolas

Miguet                36%

15/ Philippe de

Villiers            32%

16/ Frédéric

Nihous            32%

17/ Michel

Baillif                   32%

18/ Jean-Philippe

Allenbach    32%

19/ Lucien

Sorreda            28%

20/ Jean-Marie Le

Pen        20%

21/ Arlette

Laguiller            16%

Sadly my favourite candidate, Jose Bove was not even on the list.  What kind of poll is this anyway?  Also there is a Troskyist, rural mayor who has all his signatures as well, George Schivardi, he's not on the list either.  Not that I would vote for him.

The more interesting question is why the French don't allow us who pay taxes, who have only one house and one car (both French), one health system, and just plain live here, to vote.  In America they had a revolution about that, "No taxation without representation".  Not exactly like us, but we should be able to vote.  Only Jose Bove would allow that.

[quote user="TreizeVents"]

What kind of poll is this anyway?  [/quote]

I only took it for a bit of a laugh. Half the questions I was thinking, 'well, where's the option that states anything like what I would prefer my candidate to support?'

I did a similar one for the USA election. I didn't understand half the terminology (despite watching The West Wing more than anyone else alive, apart from Catalpa, perhaps) and it came up with a result so emphatic I was staggered.

PS. re my earlier post: OH called me unspeakable names, but I got my own back when I had to translate half the questions for him. I never knew I could read French better than him.

That's what following French Election Bloggers - however slowly - gets you. [:D]

Well, I haven't heard of him, so I don't know if it is good or bad...

Vous ressemblez à Nicolas Dupont-Aignan 60%

2/ Jean-Philippe Allenbach 56%

3/ François Bayrou 52%

4/ Ségolène Royal 48%

5/ Jean-Marc Governatori 48%

6/ Marie-Georges Buffet 48%

7/ Nicolas Sarkozy 48%

8/ Corinne Lepage 48%

9/ Nicolas Miguet 48%

10/ Frédéric Nihous 48%

Aha, just skimmed Wikipedia.fr and found that he was UMP but resigned in January as he didn't get on with Sarkozy.

[quote user="chessfou"]What a dreadful waste of time. [:)]

Yes, me too a 60% match (who Nihous?), 52% with who2, 48% with four (including the two I think will make the second round - Sarkozy & Bayrou).
[/quote]

Interesting that the polls now have Sarkozy at 26, Royal at 25 and Bayrou at 24%, it's going to be a close run thing.  The two politicians that I most closely matched were Governatori (who???) at 48% and Bayrou at 44%.  The lowest in the list was Le Pen.

I can live with that [:)]

Vous ressemblez à Jean-Philippe Allenbach  60%

2/ Philippe de Villiers 48%

3/ Jean-Marie Le Pen 48%

4/ Nicolas Sarkozy 40%

5/ Corinne Lepage 40%

6/ Nicolas Dupont-Aignan 40%

7/ Yvan Bachaud 36%

8/ Ségolène Royal 36%

9/ Frédéric Nihous 36%

10/ Nicolas Miguet 32%

11/ Marie-Georges Buffet 32%

12/ Leila Bouachera 32%

13/ François Bayrou 32%

14/ Lucien Sorreda 32%

15/ Dominique Voynet 28%

16/ Antoine Waechter 28%

17/ Michel Baillif 24%

18/ Jean-Marc Governatori 16%

19/ Robert Baud 16%

20/ Arlette Laguiller 12%

21/ Olivier Besancenot 12%

Though not really impressed with the questionnaire - hard to see how it comes to any reasonable conclusion given 1) how few questions there are and 2) how many are TV, film, etc related.  I mean - what bearing does choice of music have on political persuasion FGS!!!

Kathie

The questionnaire was to see which candidate we most resemble, based on their own answers to the same questions, so it's not strictly about political persuasion.

In my case it was pretty accurate about political persuasion as well though [Www]

The more interesting question is why the French don't allow us who pay taxes, who have only one house and one car (both French), one health system, and just plain live here, to vote.  In America they had a revolution about that, "No taxation without representation".  Not exactly like us, but we should be able to vote.  Only Jose Bove would allow that.
[/quote]

I had this discussion with my hairdresser last week and I think she now wants to lead a revolution for us Brits.  She says I should refuse to pay any more taxes until I get a vote in the Presidential election!

but but but... in the UK, I was only allowed to vote in local  and European elections until I got my British naturalisation... I think its' the same everywhere in the EU, but I could be wrong... [:)]

Mr Clair can vote in France (well, if he could be bothered to put his name on the register), but again, for local and European elections only.

See here: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F1937.xhtml

and from http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/RightsAndResponsibilities/DG_10014442

[quote]

The right to vote

At a general election, the following cannot vote:

• European Union citizens (who can however vote at local government, devolved legislature and European parliamentary elections)[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, but you still have to be a citizen to vote in the States; no exceptions (legal ones).

PG

I don't dispute what you say at all Clair - but.... two wrongs don't make a right.  Surely if you live in a country and pay your taxes in that country (I'm not allowed to pay UK NI and tax because I live in France) you should have the right to try and vote in the person whose policies you agree with?

Possumgirl - that reminds me of an English friend who was living and working in Cincinatti.

She wrote in big letters across the top of her tax form,

"No taxation without representation."

She thought she was being amusing.

The two earnest men in suits who came to visit her didn't.

Hoddy

[quote user="Coco"]I don't dispute what you say at all Clair - but.... two wrongs don't make a right.  Surely if you live in a country and pay your taxes in that country (I'm not allowed to pay UK NI and tax because I live in France) you should have the right to try and vote in the person whose policies you agree with?[/quote]

You can, by taking French nationality...

I do agree with you, and this is why I became naturalised when I lived in the UK.

I wanted to have a say in how my taxes were being spent... long before EU nationals were given the vote at local level...

Pushing the argument to extremes for the sake of it, would you want foreign nationals who live in the UK legitimately to be able to vote in sharia law ?