Don't forget Mother's Day UK

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I live in a fluffy world it is obviously better than yours........   Enjoy it.

Ah Georgina, you obviously don't get it at all. And you thought that tonyf was being offensive.

Now I learned one thing from my mother and that was if I did pretty much the opposite to her, then I should end up being a good mother myself and I have tried, and think I have succeeded quite well. But I will tell you, IF I ever hear my sons saying something like that

If I live in a fluffy world it is obviously better than yours........   Enjoy it.

to someone who hadn't had their fortune to have a decent childhood, then frankly I would believe that I had got it all wrong. It smells of infantile nnya nnya ne nnya nnya and not the way properly brought up people would behave.

A little less of the school girl taunts SVP, if you mother approves of such things, well, what can I say.

I am a bit scared to say anything here, and I would usually get Mrs Tresco to act for me in circumstances where I am very scared to say things for meself, but as she is on holiday, I feel compulsed to say that I think that Georgina's original post was really lovely and with very good intentions, and it is quite sad to see her lovely tribute to mothers being ruined like it has!  Mr Dordognes post did put the willies up me, but maybe a seperate thread on bad mammys would have been the best way to go about it? I just don't know!  It was very naughty of Georgina to say about the phsyciatrist, but it was probably said in the heat of the moment and in anger.

Me poor cousin Tommy had a bad experience with his mammy and never spoke to her for many years. He was after buying one of them folding cameras from Mr Lyons second hand camera and undertakers shop back in 1975. He had been practicing taking pictures with it for many weeks while saving up for a film to put in it! One day he put it down on the settee while he went for a wee, and when he came back in from the field, he found his mammy sitting on the settee where he had placed the camera, and he asked her "are ya sitting on me good camera there"  she got up to reveal the now broken camera "bejazus I'm wicked sorry for sitting on yer camera Tommy" said his mammy, but he went berzerk and shouted at her "ya stupid thick owl lump of horse"  and his mammy ran off in tears with her little cat in her arms.  He packed his pillowcase with all his possessions and walked out of the house and screamed at his mammy as he left "I hope you get piles" He never spoke to her again untill one day in 1998 he got a telegram informing him that his mammy had indeed developed polaroids.  He went to see her and found her sitting on a rubber ring on the same owl settee that he remembered! It was a very emotional reunion and his Mammy looked at him, and with tears in her eyes, she said " would ya put a bit of this cream on me owl piles for me"   Tommy was to find out that nearly all his aunts had become dependant on preperation H, and wondered if they all had sat on cameras at sometime in their lifes!

That's lovely FK!

I would certainly have to start a fresh thread about my mother - but I won't.  I spent a fortune on therapy and it didn't change what happened when I was a child or even what's happening now.  One thing has changed though - she's coming to stay with me in France on Saturday and it's her very first visit to me in the 18 years I've been living here.

I'm feeling very positive about it.

I've stocked up on the garlic just in case[;-)]

This post has been deleted.

Comments or

questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be

made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators

or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be

posted in the open forum.