Lost Mappy service

Hi       Mabe it's me but I also use the Mappy.com site for roads in England as well as France, I find the Itineraire infomation very handy but I looked today for a road in London and help with the route only to find Britain is not now on the list of countrys offered to search in fact it seems a little stuck on france, can you find GB or am I missing something.  [8-)]

Dave

I clicked on Gay's link and GB came up automatically (but I am in GB at the moment, so perhaps it senses where you are connecting from.) I looked at the list of countries on the left, and only saw France DOM - not France metropolitan. But I clicked on that, put in my postcode and the right list of commumes came up.

I always use www.streetmap.co.uk for finding British postcodes, London streets etc, but there are many such sites around.

If you use the the URL www.mappy.com the site does a best-guess as to where you are located, and presents the appropriate start and finish locations.  For me it includes the UK in the list for an itinerary, even though I am located in France.

If you use www.mappy.fr you will get the french version, with France and all its Dom-Toms.

If you use www.mappy.co.uk you will get the UK version.

Weird............... I tried your options,  I am at the moment accessing from England, if I go to mappy ,com I dont have UK offered yet I used to, it suddenly stoped, cant get it with Mappy.fr either, they both stop on down scroll at Ukrain, but found I get UK from Mappy.co.uk   [8-)]

How about this - I clicked Gay's .com link and it took me to France.  I clicked Cat's .co.uk link and it took me to the UK.  I clicked Cat's .fr link and it took me to France.  I clicked Gay's .com link again and it took me to the UK!

However, whichever one you are on, there should be a little flag and drop down box in the top right so you can quickly swap between countries.  For the UK click EN.

[quote user="Dave Plumb"]Weird............... I tried your options,  I am at the moment accessing from England, if I go to mappy ,com I dont have UK offered yet I used to, it suddenly stoped, cant get it with Mappy.fr either, they both stop on down scroll at Ukrain, but found I get UK from Mappy.co.uk   [8-)][/quote]

Have you considered it may be a Cookie problem. I would  delete your cookies which is not a bad thing to do on a regular basis.

Baz

[quote user="Cassis"]ALL of them, Baz?  I find it a bit of a pain as I seem to lose auto logins etc. unless I do it selectively. 
[/quote]

Cassis, yes I know it is a bit of a pain as you lose all your auto logins including passwords for things like banking, but if you do it just once a month it is not too big a problem. The advantages are well worth the effort as it can often speeds up your computer and also helps entering sites where there are cookie conflicts blocking your entry. I also find by deleting  Temporary Internet Files every few days keeps speed up and has no disadvantages as Cookie removal.

Baz

[quote user="Cassis"]ALL of them, Baz?  I find it a bit of a pain as I seem to lose auto logins etc. unless I do it selectively. 

[/quote]

Hi Cassis, you could do worse than  d/l this, it's free and you can select which cookies to keep, cleans out lots of other junk too.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

best regards

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/dago49/Dago3.jpg[/IMG]

Neat - I'll have a look at that, Dago. [:)]

I have Firefox set automatically to clean out temporary Internet files, browsing history, download history, cache and authenticated sessions when I close the browser, but something to clean out cookies selectively would be handy.

[quote user="Dago"][quote user="Cassis"]ALL of them, Baz?  I find it a bit of a pain as I seem to lose auto logins etc. unless I do it selectively. 
[/quote]

Hi Cassis, you could do worse than  d/l this, it's free and you can select which cookies to keep, cleans out lots of other junk too.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

best regards

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/dago49/Dago3.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Dago, thanks for that, this is what makes this site so interesting and informative. They say over 50 million free downloads have been done so it should be good. I have installed http://www.ccleaner.com/ and it appears to be an excellent tool and does things that you would need a degree in computers to complete or an expensive service. The cookie selection removal  section is so easy and you can retain the sites that have incorporated your passwords. I would suggest that anyone who is nervous about adding this tool to give it a try and if you do not like it, simply remove it. I suspect that many people who do not carry out regular cleaning up processes on their computers will see a noticeable  improved performance and  speeding up of their system.

Baz