Mike Brant - a bit of recent French history.

Whilst the UK was in the hands of the glam rockers ( with Bowie and Marc Bolan in the forefront breaking down the sexual barriers) and The Stones were creating their last great classics in a drug infested mansion on the Côte D'Azur,  France was singing along with Mike Brant (check him out on Daily Motion) a blow waved 'n flared trousered  Israelien crooner, and Clo Clo (Claude Francois).

The divide had never been so wide - on the one hand there was an agitated, après '68, still volubile student movement in France and thousands of hippies on the way to Morocco, India and beyond -  but the average  French  family, despite the 'revolution' of '68 was still scotched to the telly that completely ignored what had just happened.

The liberty of tone of the 'Dim Dam Dom' programme of the sixties was put away and France settled down to a decade of mediocre state controlled television, punctuated with the occasional half hour presidential bulletins.

Then, finally, Canal Plus arrived in '84 and things started very slowly to get better.......but still, French TV (with just a couple of exceptions) is one of the most timid and controlled systems in Europe.

but still, French TV (with just a couple of exceptions) is one of the most timid and controlled systems in Europe.

I don't disagree, however, British television could also be described as a "controlled system" - controlled by viewer ratings; this has resulted in a plethora of reality TV and little in-depth investigative journalism.

No cjb No! you will start im off again! If that PdF comes walkin down my street an E starts kicking off I'll............

And then Ron will ave a go and Gluestick will ave to intercede and then ErnieY will have to sort us all owt. fergit the admin[:D]

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

Admin, sort this guy for once and for all will you, all he seems to want to do is pick arguments, not to share information other than what happens in PdF world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to take my own advice and hit the ignore button in my head.

[/quote]

'Sharing information' is not the title of this particular chapter - it's 'general discussion'.

A forum is meant to be a place where all opinions can be aired and the fact that all my postings provoke intense discussion (and often dissention) is proof that they are valid interventions.

What a dull world it would be if only majority views were allowed an airing -  this is  why French TV has been traditionally so lacklustre and downright boring.

Tony F of Dordogne (did you used to live in Tunbridge Wells by any chance and sign letters to the Radio Times with 'yours disgusted'?) I imagine you must find French TV right up your street (or windy little, tree lined  lane).........as it's seldom that anything other than the majority view aired.....

[quote user="Paysages de France"]

A forum is meant to be a place where all opinions can be aired and the fact that all my postings provoke intense discussion (and often dissention) is proof that they are valid interventions.

[/quote]

I have yet to see PdF express an opinion - just his version of the world dressed up as fact (sic). We can only assume that business is slack in his caff and/or not enough posters to deface.

John

not

* Les panneaux publicitaires scellés au sol sont

interdits dans les agglomérations de moins de 10 000 habitants ne

faisant pas partie d’un ensemble multicommunal de plus de 100 000

habitants........

Have a look in your elected commune -  if you see any and would like to have them removed go to the Paysages de France site.

As for the (pretty pathetic) insults........I'll just leave you to it then.............

[quote user="woolybanana (ex tag)"]Oh trumpet, right in it. But what the heck did MikeMoshe want to top himself for? Fool

You got me nana. (I should have known better[6]) 

After searching through Wiki No MikeMoshe

Nice one[:P]

Tonite I am slow. Help me.There is a guy/gel/thing called paysagesdefrance  who just came on talking about big big ad boards which are apparently infra dig. and should be removed. That is fine except he/she/it was nasty to me just now because I didn' have the slightest idea who a guy called Moshe (alias Mike) Rant was. But what is his/her/its association with the late Mike/Moshe Rant who seems to have fallen from a hotel window or committed suicide whilst depressed and about whom he/she/it seems to have a fetish, to the extent that he/she/it seems to have erected some form of memorial sign or advertising whording outside a transport cafe for cyclists which is protected by a high fence like Moshe's country? Were they associated, intimate/good friends/lovers or whatever at any time and is he/she/it in mourning and therefore also a little unbalanced to be slinging about insults at me who is just a seeker after truth. Could some good citizen please elucidate that I might mend my ways and become a better citizen??