The Complete France Postbag

chrisb

Some time back those who run the forum decided that this section of the site should be for "General discussion forum about France and all things French" - an alternative section being set up for non France related topics.

Is there a possibility that this might be put into practice?

There seem to be less and less appropriate postings and I seriously wonder if this isn't because the Postbag has been overwhelmed by the massive thread about music.

Excuse my cheek in mentioning it - but as a librarian I like things to be in the right place!

[quote user="chrisb"]There seem to be less and less appropriate postings and I seriously wonder if this isn't because the Postbag has been overwhelmed by the massive thread about music.

[/quote]

Easy - just ban Frenchie.[6]

John

not

They will respond if you mention Mcartney or Lennon! I can't imagine the extremely serious Tony F being interested in the lighter side [:D] I thought the opposite to lighter would be heavier?

It's interesting (at least I think so) to look back to old topics in the Postbag. If you click on Last at the bottom of the postbag page you get topics going back to July 2004. They do seem to have been pruned though. If you want to go even farther back in LF's history the Health forum goes back to Nov. 2001. Who was around in those days? I think I'd just joined.

We had some fun though chasing dodgy builders across the country. Couldn't happen now, nor should it. Come to think of it, is there any way that people can give definite information about being ripped off and the characters involved? Seems a public service to me.

Weren't there also so iffy didgy boxes too?

[quote user="Dago"]Well I tried to have some kind of dialogue on the Frenchie/Krusty thread but they are so locked into their 'nicey nicey' mode that there is just no point.[:(]
[/quote]

What dialogue would you care to have old chap? What depths plumb, what heights scale, what plains cross? Within my many limitations I am your Passepartout in this venture to the end of the world, well, the mods patience really.

[quote user="woolybanana"]It seemed more cutting edge and edgy ...[/quote]

Does cutting edge / edgy still have a place in the world we now inhabit? Post A Place in the Sun, No Going Back et al? [Www] Has the need for the raw, real life experiences of the pioneers from those heady days been lost in the modern deluge of first posts asking "I want to move to France for a better quality of life. Can someone tell me where France is, please." Or something similar, but usually with more inventive (or no) punctuation.

[6]

Cutting edge has I fear gone on hold until the hols are over and the weather breaks whilst edgy is not allowed. As top unctuation n speling well thay don matu do they! Most contributors do not give twopence for what is really going on in France but continue to wear their rose coloured spectacles. And why not?

Pioneers are now elsewhere or in museums.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

[quote user="Dago"]Well I tried to have some kind of dialogue on the Frenchie/Krusty thread but they are so locked into their 'nicey nicey' mode that there is just no point.[:(]

[/quote]

What dialogue would you care to have old chap? What depths plumb, what heights scale, what plains cross? Within my many limitations I am your Passepartout in this venture to the end of the world, well, the mods patience really.

[/quote]

You are too clever for me to be able to talk with you, I am the stereotype ex-pat with no brain, bad language skills, no dress sense and no original thoughts in my head, all of the things that you so despise, in my humble opinion of course.

regards