Amelie - LOVED the film, SICK of the soundtrack!!!!

CatherineS2

Why is it that every time there is a piece about anything french on TV nowadays, they always use the soundtrack from Amelie? Yesterday it popped up when Keith Floyd was on This Morning, and last night it was on The Restaurant when some people were opening a Bistro.

Do program makers not have any imagination???!!!

(BTW, I do have a copy of the soundtrack on CD and I listen to it often, but I'm bored with hearing snippets of it on TV)

[quote user="Cat"]I love that film Pads, I saw the french version when it was first released.  But then I like just about all of Jeunet's films, there's something so magical and other-worldly about them.[/quote]

These are the only two I know , they have been great for my praticing my lisening to french, do you know any otheres I can get my hands on ?

I brought my self  "Danse avev Lui" when I was out in france the other week havnt had time to watch it yet but it looks like a good horsey film. Im amazed by how many words I can understand from the other films. A friend lent me "Hidden" which was in french with subtitles That was a good film to.     

[quote user="CatherineS2"]

Do program makers not have any imagination???!!!

[/quote]

Not a lot - they'll also leap for an obvious snippet of music rather than waste time thinking about it. For a good 20 years after the release of "Local Hero" every programme about Scotland featured something from that soundtrack.

I have to admit to aving "La Valse d'Amelie" as a ring tone!

Sorry - we wondered a bit off topic to TV (and

for that matter radio) journalists who make up the news by interviewing each

other and asking the same inane and (this is where it relates to the thread

topic) unimaginative phrases.

[quote user="Cat"]I love that film Pads, I saw the french version when it was first released.  But then I like just about all of Jeunet's films, there's something so magical and other-worldly about them.[/quote]

I love his stuff too. Did you like Delicatessen?

Yes, I very much liked Delicatessen. I have that, City of the lost children, Amelie and un long dimanche de fiançailles on DVD.  With Delicatessen  it's a peek at his darker side showing through.  I saw it before Amelie and  un long dimanche de fiançailles, so wasn't expecting it to be similar in theme, although all of his films end with a triumph of good over evil.

Let's not discuss the rather odd plot though,as I think Pads has just ordered it on DVD, and we don't want any spoilers.

I love the roles played by Dominique Pinon as well.  Like Audrey Tautou, a favourite of his.

They have arrived , guess what I will be doing when I get back from my French lesson today, Afternoon on the sofa with a nice bottle of wine me thinks !!!!

Cat have you seen He loves me He loves me not ? On the cover it says "Audrey Tauton reveals the darker side of Amelie" it looks good