The Ryanair Effect

Eos

Ryanair have just announced flights between Bristol and Beziers airports, with at least two more destinations planned in the next three years, I believe.

I'm curious about the effect, if any, other forum members may have noticed in their area once the low costs carriers moved into a local airport.

I think it's got to be a positive thing for the most part, even though, while Beziers is very handy, Bristol is useless for us.

What do you all think?

Its nice and handy while it lasts but everyone knows these low cost routes can be axed at any given time without any warning so no one should entirely rely on them if imperative for their life in France.As for bringing in more visitors,onthe whole its done that job but many many folks still prefer to take a car and then fill it up for the return journey especially with alcohol and lower costing foodstuffs here as against an extra cost of hiring a car,being LH drive and negotiating foreign roads and bad drivers.

Bristol is good for us in somerset , saves us traveling to stanstead and low cost airlines are good but I havent seen many low cost car rentals ,seems the ferry and flying options is about the same price when you go from portsmouth to st malo and travell to the charente area ,who wants to carry your baggage to get the train to london city then a train or bus to stanstead then fly somewhere then hope theres a car to rent at the airport then drive to your house when you can travel door to door with the car