Explosion in London

Chancer

[quote user="J.R."]

I have just seen breaking news images on TF1 of a huge pall of smoke hanging over London following some kind of explosion believed to be in the Stratford region.

Anyone know more?

[/quote]

It's a fire!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7090725.stm

[quote user="Frederick"]Now NOT the bus depot ......but a wharehouse next to it  which was being demolished and contained polystyrene....  now almost out .......looks like it might fall down now.......handy for the demolishers ?[/quote]

Depends on whether the whorehouse owners were playing hard to get/reluctant to relinquish their lease. We should be told - but on second thoughts I'm not sure I'm bothered either way.

John

not

[quote user="Lisleoise"][quote user="Iceni"]

Depends on whether the whorehouse owners were playing hard to get/reluctant to relinquish their lease.

[/quote]

[:-))]

[/quote]

I believe there is quite a few issues around people and

businesses being thrown out for the Olympic development.  It's all

being done on compulsory purchase.  Quite a few businesses have taken

their owners years to develop and have not been able to find

alternative premises and so are just being forced to close down.  Still

nice for the people who get to run round a track a few times - at the

cost of these peoples' life's work.

Ian

News last night said it was an old warehouse, with asbestos in it (which is said to be safe etc) and was due for demolition today.  They also said it caused traffic chaos, which was not apparent in town, nor did I see any clouds when I went out.  So did it fall or was it pushed???  No-one in the Oplympic Delivery Authority seems very worried at any rate!  Fuss about nothing as far as I can see!

I saw this at 12 noon yesterday as I came out of my house, looked back and saw a small black cloud starting to rise over my road. As I was going over that way, ( Hackney Wick) it got bigger. I thought 'this is not a small fire, as it bellowed out clouds of thck black smoke within 5 minutes. I pulled over at Eaton Manor old playing grounds to let the first fire engine i had seen through, Could see that it was in Waterden road and that the flames were getting quite large. When I approached the road where the fire was the traffic was pulling over to get a closer look, but as I needed to go pass I did not stop, there were camaras already there.  The fire/flames was even higher a few mins later as I was on the A106 going towards Blackwell tunnel, and smoke getting heavier. When I stopped at Charlton/Woolwich and got out to do some shopping, it seemed as it would be like the Bunsfield pall of smoke (which I also had the experience of driving through)but at 2 pm on the other side of the water it seem to have stopped. Traffic caused me to go to the Woolich ferry and that was clear. The thing about this fire was although there are a lot of problems going on at the 2012 site, my feeling that at first it was another terroists bomb. I'll omen or what?