Posting money

I often just put small amounts like that in a piece of paper and in an envelope and just post it first class, no problems so far.

Dont be tempted by reccomande post, because they only get a signature if it is posted to an address in France

Don't do it..................I've lost cash on two seperate occasions thanks to some thieving low-life at the PO.

The second time was a ten pound note inside a birthday card. The money was removed and the envelope re-sealed with tape.

I've seen a thread somewhere where the size of this problem was found to be huge and unless you use registered post, you have no comebacks.

Doesn't happen in france only in the UK...................................[Www]

head down....................incoming.....

The French "Code des télécommunications... " says you can be fined for sending cach through the post, unless you declare it and insure it for its full value.

That's probably why the "thieving low-life" knew he/she would get away with it...

I need it to go into my UK bank account and my SIL was going to change it up at a bureau (cant remember which one but she said it was a good rate) then pay it in for me. This would give me a much better rate than sending it via my French bank and being charged here, then being charged in the UK to change it up and lose money on the exchange rate too. Will have to think of a different way. Thanks anyway [:)]

[quote user="Clair"]The French "Code des télécommunications... " says you can be fined for sending cach through the post, unless you declare it and insure it for its full value.

That's probably why the "thieving low-life" knew he/she would get away with it...

[/quote]That's about on a par with the insurance companies insisting you close your shutters if you're away for more than 24 hours thus clearly advertising to the scrotes, (or should that be les scrotes) that now would be a good time to rob you [:-))]

[quote user="Celestine"]I need it to go into my UK bank account and my SIL was going to change it up at a bureau (cant remember which one but she said it was a good rate) then pay it in for me. This would give me a much better rate than sending it via my French bank and being charged here, then being charged in the UK to change it up and lose money on the exchange rate too. Will have to think of a different way. Thanks anyway [:)][/quote]Good idea, it seems an awful lot of hard work to get the equivalent of 100Euro in to a UK bank A/C.

Could you not just ask your SIL or some other friend/relation in UK to pay it in for you out of his/her own pocket or A/C and you post them a UK cheque to cover it, or even give it back in Euros next time they come to visit ?

[quote user="Celestine"]I cant give her a UK cheque cos theres no money in the account hence needing to get some money in there lol. The other option, getting her to pay it, is a good one but theyre not out again until Aug. Good idea though[/quote]I presume you have an A/C and card in France so why not buy their next ticket(s) for them and they can pay the equivalent into your UK bank ?

[quote user="Celestine"]

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a safe way to send some cash back to the UK please? It would be about 100 euros so I need to know that it will get to the owner with no problems.

Cheers

[/quote]

By transfer on the P.C.

I've seen many a PC in my time Terry but never one which can "SEND SOME CASH BACK TO UK" so if you have such a PC you could be onto a winner................or do I maybe need to explore Right click - Send to in a little more depth [:D]

[quote user="ErnieY"]

I've seen many a PC in my time Terry but never one which can "SEND SOME CASH BACK TO UK" so if you have such a PC you could be onto a winner................or do I maybe need to explore Right click - Send to in a little more depth [:D]

[/quote]

Sorry will say no more.getting very near IMPOT time.