UK deliveries to France.

We are thinking of buying a new computer 'on line' - but we need to get it delivered to us here in France. So far most of the major suppliers such as Currys, Comet amd PC world only seem to do UK mainland delivery.... which is fair enough. 

Any ideas guys? Maybe there is a supplier of UK computers in France?

The reason of ordering from the UK by the way - apart from the cost of a return trip to collect it, is to ensure that it has its software in English and that it has a qwerty keyboard.

[quote user="Bannon"]

The reason of ordering from the UK by the way - apart from the cost of a return trip to collect it, is to ensure that it has its software in English and that it has a qwerty keyboard.

[/quote]

Both of these are avaiable in France. I bought my system from the local computer shop with both of these specified and, incidentially, they also installed my Livebox for me.

I'm looking at buying a Dell too - but haven't yet phoned Dell France to see if they can supply a QWERTY keyboard and english software.  Their standard op.system is Windows Vista home premium.  It is not possible to change languages with this but to upgrade to the ultimate version, where you can change language, is pricey.  Good old Microsoft.  Please let me know how you get on. 

My husband is a bit of a computer whizz and has ordered hardware on-line from a uk firm. When I told him about your post he wrote a note for me to include here:

"Machines and components can be puchased from www.overclockers.co.uk. They will deliver it to France for not a lot. I had most of the components for a PC delivered for about £20. You can talk to them on the phone or electronically. Ordering is normally via the internet.

You will need to know a bit about what you want but their staff are normally quite helpful. You can either use the pc builder to specify the various components and software or select a pre configured logic unit and select and add the operating system, other software keyboard, mouse, screen etc as required. I believe that all their machines come without any software, including the operating system unless you specifically add the software to the order.

I don't think that you will get any sort of software bundle. I think that they sell Microsoft Office Home + some antivirus and other utilities. Don't forget that you can download OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) for nothing (you can provide a donation). I have used this for years and regularly swap documents with Microsoft Office). Use the free Thunderbird for e-mail.

Windows XP SP2 pro (I am not sure about home) contains an inbuilt firewall.

You need some anti virus software either free (AVG, clamav, etc.) or one you pay money for."

I had a look at the site myself and can see that they also supply some laptops.

[quote user="Bannon"]

We are thinking of buying a new computer 'on line' - but we need to get it delivered to us here in France. So far most of the major suppliers such as Currys, Comet amd PC world only seem to do UK mainland delivery.... which is fair enough. 

Any ideas guys? Maybe there is a supplier of UK computers in France?

[/quote]

If they say  no to sending to FRANCE. tell them sorry ,and buy somewhere different.