Sunday Driver

I received a phone call late this morning from the Hospital in Bressuire informing me that our very good friend, Sunday Driver and his wife had been involved in a serious car accident.

When I do not know as yet but I did manage to speak to Brenda his wife who herself has several broken bones plus other injuries and as regards to the extent of Dave’s injuries that is an unknown quantity at present, all I can say is that he is suffering multiple injuries.

I shall be going to Bressuire this afternoon to see them as I have been given permission to visit, so will give all the information when I return home.

I know there are like me, many people out there whom Dave has helped so all I ask is for you to say a prayer for a full recovery for him.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found a report of the accident in the local paper - it appears that for a so far unknown reason a car was on the wrong side of the road - the car in front of Sunday Driver managed to avoid it but Sunday Driver was unable to - he, his wife and the other driver all had to be cut out of their cars.   All three were seriously injured.

Sunday Driver (Dave) is  such a respected contributor to this site, let's hope it will not be long before we once again here him here. I would like to wish him and Brenda speedy recovery.

Baz

Hi Pete.

I'm completely overwhelmed with emails from everyone, it's unbelievable.

I have not long returned from Bressuire Hospital and its all good news if you can call it good news,although the injuries are not life threatening never the less are still serious, it appears that Dave is the worst of the two with a possible cracked vertibrea so he's flat on his back for the moment he will possibly be having a scan tomorrow and will know more then,.His wife Brenda has a fractured collar bone and wrist and a smack on the nose from the air bag, They are both in good spirits cosidering his car is now a  step through Cabriole.

Another Pete D. Alias mr wiggy

[quote user="Mr Wiggy"]

Hi Pete.

I'm completely overwhelmed with emails from everyone, it's unbelievable.

I have not long returned from Bressuire Hospital and its all good news if you can call it good news,although the injuries are not life threatening never the less are still serious, it appears that Dave is the worst of the two with a possible cracked vertibrea so he's flat on his back for the moment he will possibly be having a scan tomorrow and will know more then,.His wife Brenda has a fractured collar bone and wrist and a smack on the nose from the air bag, They are both in good spirits cosidering his car is now a  step through Cabriole.

Another Pete D. Alias mr wiggy

[/quote]

Will you be visiting again ?

This is horrible beyond words.  Thank you, Mr Wiggy for posting and thank you Clair for the news article.

Mr Wiggy, could you please keep us all updated and be sure to tell him how many on the forum are rooting for them both.