Picnic - Sunday 15th June - Photos

Kitty

Updated details in purple:

Date - Sunday 15th June 2008

Time - Arrive from 12 noon onwards, with aim of starting a running buffet (thoughout the day) from 1.30pm.  Renaud has said we can linger so there is no finishing time.

Place - See location on Renaud's website www.relax-in-france.com

Protocol - Everyone has to bring plenty of communal food (ready plated and cling filmed) and drink.  We'll organise tressle tables for everyone to put things on to share.  Put names on your containers so that you can take them home afterwards.

Bring - (a) your own plates and drinking vessels (& take home to wash up), (b) a rubbish bag (for taking home as well), (c) games, (d) something to sit on, (e) swimming costumes (optional), (f) musical instruments (also optional), a name badge.......

A huge thank you to Renaud and Mrs Renaud!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Cathy"]

Updated details in purple:

Date - Sunday 15th June 2008

Time - Arrive from 12 noon onwards, with aim of starting a running buffet (thoughout the day) from 1.30pm.  Renaud has said we can linger so there is no finishing time.

[/quote]

It's in the diary now!  Hope Mr and Mrs Renaud have lots of parking spaces!  [Www]  This is all very exciting![:D]

Rose, I can bring my harmonica if you like...or the 'woka woka woka' board we all learn to play in Australia thanks to Rolf Harris.  I cannot promise that I will behave but I will use my tray when the need arises. I am well trained in that respect.

[quote user="Jura"]

Rose, I can bring my harmonica if you like...or the 'woka woka woka' board we all learn to play in Australia thanks to Rolf Harris.  I cannot promise that I will behave but I will use my tray when the need arises. I am well trained in that respect.

[/quote]

woka woka woka sounds interesting... I'll look forward to it! [:D]

Keith

We have a former farmyard for parking in and for the overflow there is a field that we can press into service - weather permitting. The access is via a chemin rural, with the emphasis on the second half of its name. Look forward to meeting you.

I have a vision of us all conversing in little carefully composed paragraphs that have been spellchecked. With or without smilies.

[quote user="Frogslegs"]

[quote user="Frenchie"]Shall I bring the snails and frogs legs ?? [:D][;-)][/quote]

I hope to be there but I think it may be the weekend of Le Mans which hubby is going to![:(]

[/quote]A ludicrous weekend to organise anything, imo![:D] Tell your o/h to come and look for us - Champagne bar 21.00 Saturday night - keep an eye out for the Club Arnage t-shirts.

[quote user="Cathy"]

Chris

Could you bring some wood and do a sculpture?  I'll pay for it as a pressie for Renaud and Mrs R.  It would be fun to see you in action live rather than just photographs.

[/quote]

That's a kind offer Cathy...maybe, we'll see how the wind is blowing nearer the time.

[quote user="Chris Head"][quote user="Cathy"]

[/quote]

That's a kind offer Cathy...maybe, we'll see how the wind is blowing nearer the time.

[/quote]

I was wondering whether a different wind produced a different sculpture e.g. a north wind means that you would do a robin?  [Www]

Any other ideas for other winds?

Are you bringing HIM with you Twinkle[:)]!!!  Just an aside, Mirambeau isn't just next door to everyone and if any posters from far afield would like to party with us  I can offer a couple of beds for the Saturday  and Sunday night - I live about an hour away from Renaud.

[quote user="Jura"]

Twinkle, no matter about pyjama's 'cause me and the OH never wear any[6]

I promise not to pinch your tutu but if your keep waving those knees about like that...[;-)]

[/quote]

You will be tightly tied to the tree and be unable to pinch anything Jura.  A bit like bringing Hannibal Lector along. [:-))]

Back to the original question have any of us met ........................

Last week I met the georgous johzjob( plus his wife) sexy twinky and the purrrrrrfect Chateau Miow, we all sat in the sunshine one morning having coffee on the square in Carcassonne, and none of my illusions where shatter all as loverly as they are on here.

So if im out there in june we could all car share to save on parking and to give us 5 chances of finding the place. How far is it to .............. ? from Carcassonne?

Hope Im out there