New Météo France website

Clair

I tried the new Meteo France, but didn’t get on too well with it but will try again, it might grow on me. I also use La Chaine Meteo at times.

However, I prefer www.accuweather.com as you can get a 15 day forecast, although  I know it can change a lot over that period of time. It’s more detailed over shorter periods. When withdrawal symptoms set in when away from France for too long (6 weeks just now!) I find it gives a rosy picture; today it gives our place in the Gard high 20s and 30s for the next 15 days, whereas La Chaine shows 20s and down to teens just before we are due back there!! When I’m there I much prefer an accurate forecast, although I find that accuweather is fairly good in the Gard and in Berkshire 

Jo

I was completely ready to LOVE the new météo France... but I really can't get it to work properly, it seems to lose interest before I can focus it to where I am  - I tried several times, and it just isn't doing it for me[:(] - so, you don't just need to be French to like it - come to think of it, I was not overly fond of their old website.

Accuweather is great to use, it's a pity about the lack of accuracy. 

I have tried and tried to get to the new Meteo France site, but I can only get as far as the Flash welcome page on the pre-home site, each time I hit the "accéder au site" button I go back to the same page I started on.

I've deleted all my meteo cookies, favourites, links, history etc, but still keep going round in circles.  Very frustrating [:@]

It does now, but only after adding the MF site to my trusted zone, resetting the security level to low for that zone, navigating to my local forecast, saving the link to favourites, and then resetting the security level back to my preferred, custom level.  There must have been a control on the site that my security settings didn't allow.

I also tried turning off the pop-up blocker, but as the site is laden with pop-ups, I wouldn't advise it, and it made no difference to accessing the site anyway.

Only just found the new site - the old one was so miserable (little more than 24 hours of forecasts) that I rarely used it. I think the new one is great - I thought the click through (via the map from France-region-department) was simple and intuitive (especially if you used the old site) and the new features (not least the choice of almost every single town/commune/large village with 3-day forecast) excellent.

As ever, if you don't like the weather forecast for your area from Météo France, then there are plenty of other alternatives which generally give you a choice of alternative forecasts [;-)].