is anyone interested, does anyone care?

mint

Sorry, I was probably unclear. She and family own and usually occupy that house.

But I saw,  advertised in a local glossy, that her house,  was available for rental as gite for that price (high season, mind you).

Come to think of it, that might be an indication that the articles are not so well paid.

As for the amount asked, I thought it was a bit steep, but what do I know?

[quote user="5-element"]

Sorry, I was probably unclear. She and family own and usually occupy that house.

But I saw,  advertised in a local glossy, that her house,  was available for rental as gite for that price (high season, mind you).

Come to think of it, that might be an indication that the articles are not so well paid.

As for the amount asked, I thought it was a bit steep, but what do I know?

[/quote]

Link? [:P] [;-)]

At least she won't be able to go on about Middle Eastern women wearing matching bras and knickers (as she has done ad nauseum about French women)  in her new home or she might find herself back in the Languedoc sooner than she'd planned.

I don't imagine the conservative muslims would allow her to talk such tosh so publicly with impunity.

Saw this woman on the TV once spouting her toffee-nosed tosh about how those coming to France are lowering the standards,not integrating etc.Not a nice person at all and certainly someone I would go out of my way to avoid if she lived near me. Can't see her lasting in the Gulf spouting rubbish like that.

On the other hand, she was virtually alone among those writing in British newspapers on France-related subjects in offering a more balanced view, rather than the 'everything is fluffy and lovely, it's just like England with sunshine and amusing peasants' stuff that monopolised the travel/property pages and TV lifestyle progarmmes for a while.

Meeeeeeeooooowwwww ! ! !

But I have to agree with what everyone says !

Imagine just turning up in a country not having done any research. Is she really that naive or does it just make a good story. Or perhaps I should just say a BAD story.

I haven't read such a lot of tosh in ages. It wasn't even funny. Heaven knows why anyone should be interested ! !

And now for my saucer of milk !