Surviving on a UK Pension

Bannon

My OH says put him out to the cheapest tender!

But, can't you donate your body to medical science like you can do in the UK (or so I'm told)?

Any what's wrong with a pauper's funeral or don't they have those either?

Can I just dig a hole in the garden?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember that in the UK technically it is the responsibility of the local authority to dispose of bodies so in theory you could put your OH in a black bin liner, dump it outside, and just wait for collection day. It is also possible to bury your OH in the garden as long as you own the freehold and as long as you inform the water authority (something to do with the water table I think) and I suppose you'd have to tell any potential house buyer.

Living in France and not being bothered either way I've told my OH to do whatever she wants - bury or burn whatever is cheapest and easiest. Added to which, she hopes there's a heaven, I hope there's not - otherwise I'll get nagged until eternity

[quote user="Madeira Jon"]Bannon,
[quote]n theory you could put your OH in a black bin liner, dump it outside, and just wait for collection day. [/quote]

The problem you now have is do you put the black bag in the recycled bin or not? ;-)

[/quote]

Nah, just put it out with the "household waste" stuff![:)]

[quote user="Clarkkent"]I know threads drift, but ... blimey ... from "can I survive on my pension" to "will the dustmen take away dearly departed" ...[/quote]

That's thought association for you!  After all how can an ink blob represent a nuclear explosion of which you are in terror of your life (or whatever it is you see in the ink blob)!