techie question!

tj

Hi

I have recently purchased a pair of sony wireless headphones, the wife doesnt like the TV, I'm very pleased with them, can wander the house and garden and listen to whatever,,,,,

Question, they work on an RF signal,in one or two places the signals comes and goes, can I get a booster for them, like for example the one you would put on a TV aerial or satellite maybe?

I think this should be in the technical sub-forum,  but in answer to your question most of these devices are designed as an integrated unit (modulator,  RF section,  aerial) and are legally limited as to their power o/p.   There would - if one was very gifted in electronic design - be ways of boosting the power,  but it would take complex modifications which would impact on the other parts of the design and would in addition infringe legal parameters.

So I'm afraid that (in my view at any rate) it's a non starter.   However,   it's always worth putting some thought into the siting of the transmitter unit,  height is a useful ally,  and if you can move the unit to favour the deadspots without provoking new areas of poor reception then that might help.

I have a cheap system in England,  and it seems to have a deadspot at just the position I stand at to do the washing up!

[quote user="Martinwatkins"]
I have a cheap system in England,  and it seems to have a deadspot at just the position I stand at to do the washing up!
[/quote]

You do the washing up [:'(][:-))]!!! Don't you have a dishwasher??? Good geief, you shouldn't put things like that on an open forum, my OH may see it and then I might have to do it too!!![+o(]

You know what to do if your dishwasher breaks down don't you?

Give her a good slapping and tell her to get on with it [blink][6][Www]

I agree with you Martin that it would be a difficult job to increase the power. As far as the max tx power is concerned I don't think anyone would be bothered about chasing you unless you had something like a 100 watt CB type burner. It would probably be difficult to find the tx frequency too? There is no indication of what it is on either of my units, both Sony...

P.S. An instant solution to your washing up dead spot... Move the sink [I][;-)]