big change in the weather

Polremy

just been reading the post about snow being forecast in poitiers.

can't match that here in the P.O. (66).

up 'till now, we have had temps of 22 ish every day.

today's forecast was for 22 and it was correct.

however, tomorrow's is 11.

50% wiped off the weather market in 24 hours!!!

now that really is a recession.

In the vein of the four Yorkshiremen .....

5 degrees you are lucky,  here in Worcs its wet, cold and rainy, about to turn into freezing ice. Pics on the news have been showing snowball fights in Scotland, Tomorrows forecast starts at -2!

Here in Reading it's snowing! We've lived here for 30+  years, but don't ever remember snow here before in October. In fact, we get very little even in the depths of winter, and any that does fall doesn't usually lie for long. The snow this evening also doesn't look likely to stay - there's just a nice covering on the cars, but none lying on the roads.

However, I might back out of the ramble up on the Downs tomorrow; the wind chill has made it very cold this evening. Maybe it'll finally be time to turn out some cupboards!

Jo

[quote user="gardengirl "]

Here in Reading it's snowing! We've lived here for 30+  years, but don't ever remember snow here before in October. In fact, we get very little even in the depths of winter, and any that does fall doesn't usually lie for long. The snow this evening also doesn't look likely to stay - there's just a nice covering on the cars, but none lying on the roads.

However, I might back out of the ramble up on the Downs tomorrow; the wind chill has made it very cold this evening. Maybe it'll finally be time to turn out some cupboards!

Jo

[/quote]

Beat me to it - snowing the other side of Reading too [:D]

[quote user="Mme poivre"]

Here on the Oxfordshire Warwickshire border my kids  have been out playing snowball fighting with the neighbours.  They all had great fun then came home to a roaring fire.  I think the snow was put on especially for half term fun[:D]

[/quote]

Now you stop this immediately !! [:D]

We got sun, sun , sun here in south Deux Sèvres, where we are praying for snow for a bit of fun !! [6]

Judith, it's also very sunny in your part of the Vendée . [;-)]

Now that we have had an early cold snap...no doubt somebody is doing an article for this  Sundays  papers to point out that this all  means we are due some  power cuts as we dont have the extra power station  capacity to cope with snow .... Just  to add to the doom and gloom we have had to read for weeks ....Better go down the corner shop and buy "fork handles ! " just in case ...

I did go on the ramble on the Downs today; cupboard-turning-out didn't appeal at all! It was absolutely beautiful, with sunshine, clear blue skies, lovely autumnal colours; very parky, though - despite lots of layers. The snow has only stayed till now where the sun didn't penetrate.

Jo