PIXMANIA.FR

Sweetpea

I wonder if anyone can advise???????????

Back in January I ordered and paid for by bank virement - (the proof of which I have) £300+ worth of computer stuff, off the (supposedly well-known and loved Pixmania site)

To cut a very long story as short as poss, they deny ever having received the money, and refuse to reply to my many emails, ETC.

The money went straight into their bank in Paris, who have acknowledged this in writing to my lovely Bank Manager (they arent allowed to discuss with ordianry people!)

I have TWICE sent all the proof to Pixmania's Head in Paris (Recommended with A.R) , demanding a reimbursement / compensation, and STILL nothing has happened.

Is there a TV programme over here where one can alert the public to this debacle (like Watchdog, or whatever)

OR has anyone any help, advice, suggestions, bottle of vodka, etc, to help me get to the bottom of this????????????????

Pixmania is owned by UK group DSG and in March 2007, they announced that they had identified an "extremely sophisticated fraud" involving their Parisian warehouse operations where they are estimated to have lost £10m worth of electronic goods. Perhaps your payment has gotten caught up in all of this.

If you are getting no reponse from the company, you can complain to the [url=http://www.dgccrf.bercy.gouv.fr/]DGCCRF[/url] which is the French equivalent of Trading Standards.

Hi

Yes, I did indeed!

FIA followed it through, but having got no response at all from Pixmania, they said that the case was now closed as far as they were concerned, and they could do no more!

Great help!

And yes, I printed off the letter, and this was included in my last courrier to them (sent recommandée AR)

SO I am still stuck!  Sad [:(]

Hi

The easiest way is 'small claims court' Tribunal D'instance', its free for small amounts, they have offices in the main court house, they will give you the form to fill in, which is basically a simple account of :

the people involved,

the ampount claimed

and why.

I reckon you'll have your stuff in no time:)

[quote user="Sweetpea"] Hi

Yes, I did indeed!

FIA followed it through, but having got no response at all from Pixmania, they said that the case was now closed as far as they were concerned, and they could do no more!

Great help!

And yes, I printed off the letter, and this was included in my last courrier to them (sent recommandée AR)

SO I am still stuck!   [/quote]

Sorry if I seemed a tad hostile but the forum does sometimes see posters who ask for advice, then disappear, then reappear asking eggsactly the same thing all over again, seemingly having ignored everything that was suggested to them the first time around ...

The tribunal does appear to be the way to go now in the light of SD's comment.

Good Luck, keep beavering away and, fingers crossed, a happy outcome might be yours.

Sue [:)]