Sarkozy Snubs Croydon!

Dick Smith

Impossible to believe, I know, but M. Sarkozy has turned down an invitation to lunch at Croydon's only French restaurant. And the chance of a morning's shopping at the Whitgift Centre, meeting the yoofs and the Tennants drinkers.

Story here

The scariest part of this is the statement that he wants to model the suburbs of Paris on - Croydon!

Can this be true? Surely it is a high crime against the Republic?

Possibly Madame Sarky put her foot down about visiting Croydon when she realised its Kate Moss' home territory, especially knowing his penchant for the odd Supermodel?

Remember the old adage.   "You can take the girl out of Croydon, but you cannot take Croydon out of the girl", something La Moss proves time and time again! [:P]

Having had to live in the Borough of  Croydon for 8 years all I can say Mr S has some taste, sorry to say I can't  think of any resturant he would get a good meal in, in Croydon.  However, perhaps in modelling a part of Paris on well perhaps thats Purley which has the most millionaires per square mile in the UK! Just a thought but on reconsidering perhaps not!!