Atlantic Prang

Gardian

I hear that the Admiralty has just announced that a British 'Trident' nuclear submarine has had a collision in mid-Atlantic with the French nuclear sub Le Triomphant.  Happily no injuries, nor major damage.

Was the French boat coming round a blind corner in the middle of the road?  Whatever, I'm sure they won't bother to straighten out the dents.[6]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="ali-cat"]My money is on the French sub sitting right up the exhaust of the British sub - just before trying to overtake. [:D]  Or maybe they were late getting home for lunch!!  [Www][/quote]

Nahhhh!

The Brit captain was speeding 'cos he was late for his tea...

and he was on the wrong side anyway!

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="ali-cat"]My money is on the French sub sitting right up the exhaust of the British sub - just before trying to overtake. [:D]  Or maybe they were late getting home for lunch!!  [Www][/quote]
Nahhhh!
The Brit captain was speeding 'cos he was late for his tea...
and he was on the wrong side anyway!
[/quote]

Nope it was early in the morning not Tea time [;-)]

It must have been a queue thing, I say no more

What, at the end of the atlantic in 50 yards turn right, sort of gps thing? blame tomtom [:D]

The French navy issued a statement some time ago saying that their sub hit a submerged object believed to be a container off a ship ..If they dont know the difference between one of them and HMS Vanguard another sub ...then they had better stay in dock ....I hope somebody has told them what a ferry looks like as I have just booked my crossing !

Pretty obvious that the Frenchie was as mentioned ealier, up the exhaust of the Brit and also on the wrong side of the white lines!!!!!

Some of the newer Renaults have a warning system fitted to warn of the proximity of the white central markings being crossed-we will all be deafenned by these alarms going off.They do seem to have a death wish.The French submarine had obviously turned theirs off.

ex submariner    Maude